RC Turnbuckle Jr.

So who's getting one???

Thought there would be a little more excitement about this release...especially since considering it's a new(ish) model.

So again I ask, are you getting one? Why? Why not? I'm personally all over this thing once it release. Might actually pre-order.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier
    I pre ordered one,I think the forum will get busy when it comes out and we have our hands on them

I have been waiting for Traxxas to produce another 4-Tec, and I am already budgeting it into my RC allowance.

Honestly, I think a lot of the excitement for this RC has been taken over by the new Scaler.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I have been waiting for Traxxas to produce another 4-Tec, and I am already budgeting it into my RC allowance.

Honestly, I think a lot of the excitement for this RC has been taken over by the new Scaler.
    Yea you're probably right scott.

RC Qualifier
    I talked to traxxas today the guy I talked to said he tested the car and it's built for racing up to spec.also he said no slop and this is the best chassis traxxas built.i can't Waite till March

RC Competitor
    I'm getting one for my 11 year old son. Been looking to get into another class at the local track and this looks like the perfect answer.

I'm planning on grabbing one too...and immediately going brushless
    Rustler | MERV | Summit | Slash Ultimate | Slash

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

I plan on getting one, sometime after they release. I have a really nice brushless setup, perfect for an on road car, just sitting on the shelf collecting dust
    I am curious how well the tires that it comes with will work. Most rubber tires I have had on on road cars lack in the traction department. May have to run foam tires on it to get good traction.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

Checking out what offered on Tower, and there is an "EP" version listed. The specs look the same as the others, anyone know what "EP" means?

So who's getting one???

Tower always lists all colors separately and then has one general selection. The EP (Electric Powered) is no different and is the general selection.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-11-2017 at 11:44 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Kinda took the winter off with the RC stuff which was the opposite of my intention. I have two nitro 4tec's that I purchased non running that I got both back to life. My goal was to convert one to electric but I just saw the Ford GT/4-tec electric 2.0 and only thing going through my mind is "TAKE MY MONEY NOW!" LOL
    Only thing stopping me is that it I would like to have seen a brushless option right from the start. Just looking at the pics I can see the future optional parts already haha. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a "platinum" version at some point.
    Somehow I am going to lose the battle of having patience for a BL version
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunner007 View Post
    Kinda took the winter off with the RC stuff which was the opposite of my intention. I have two nitro 4tec's that I purchased non running that I got both back to life. My goal was to convert one to electric but I just saw the Ford GT/4-tec electric 2.0 and only thing going through my mind is "TAKE MY MONEY NOW!" LOL
    Only thing stopping me is that it I would like to have seen a brushless option right from the start. Just looking at the pics I can see the future optional parts already haha. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a "platinum" version at some point.
    Somehow I am going to lose the battle of having patience for a BL version
    Yea I think i'm just going to throw a VXL-3s brushless combo in it once I get tired of the brushed motor.

RC Qualifier
    I am DEFFANTLY Getting one... I Already have mine on Pre-Order from my Hobby Shop & $150.00 down pre-paid already.. My Hobby Shop is getting 2 of them IN once the LAUNCH DATE is announced from TRAXXAS ( 1 FOR ME & The Other for Stock ) ... According to my Hobby Shop & what TRAXXAS & there Distributor told the Hobby Shop I should have mine by Mid-March. I hope to get a FOR SURE DELVER DATE once the beginning of March hit's when the Hobby Shop is getting the CAR IN because I would love to be @ the hobby shop the day they are delivered So I can get MY CAR right that day...
    Last edited by grave75; 02-12-2017 at 12:40 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by westoakmech View Post
    I plan on getting one, sometime after they release. I have a really nice brushless setup, perfect for an on road car, just sitting on the shelf collecting dust
    I am curious how well the tires that it comes with will work. Most rubber tires I have had on on road cars lack in the traction department. May have to run foam tires on it to get good traction.
    I Would PRE-ORDER if I was you & you plan on getting the Car... This Car is NEW & might take off in Sales just like the X-MAXX did @ LAUNCH... This car might be hard to GET once out...

RC Qualifier
    does they charge you at checkout on the tower pre-order, or is it a deposit kind of thing, then bill you when it ships...

RC Qualifier
    Hope it comes out the first week of March

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post
    does they charge you at checkout on the tower pre-order, or is it a deposit kind of thing, then bill you when it ships...
    When I preordered the X-maxx I didn't get charged until It shipped.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by westoakmech View Post
    If they are anything like the original 4-tec's tires they will be fantastic. The OG's had some ridiculously sticky rubber from the box.
    6 Traxxas vehicles and counting...

RC Racer
    I would like to know if the gear ratios for VTA are possible ,in the 4.00 final drive ratio range.
    Won my first race in 1985...

Looks like the ship date has been moved to late march

On the up side, the snow up here in North 'ho should be well on its way to melting by the end of March.

On the down side, I have 20+ hours of OT for the last two weeks and just itching to pull the trigger....

RC Qualifier
    That stinks end of march

RC Qualifier
    I want one. This will be my first on road vehicle. Sadly it might have to wait. I have to many things on my wish list. A upgraded motor for my Slash, an Aton, the scaler, this and I had just bought a Xmaxx. Dang you Traxxas for wanting all my money. The good thing with this it will let me repurpose the stock vxl system when I upgrade the Slash to save some money.
    Last edited by tallj2000; 03-26-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    Stampede 4x4/Slash 4x4/Xmaxx/Alias/GT

RC Champion
    I'm thinking of putting one on order this weekend and putting at least $100 down on it too.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

Can't wait to see people do the unboxing video of 4Tec 2.0

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpasl View Post
    Can't wait to see people do the unboxing video of 4Tec 2.0
    I'm waiting for the overpowered brushless swap videos. Won't be long till someone hits the 100mph mark I'm sure

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tallj2000 View Post
    I'm waiting for the overpowered brushless swap videos. Won't be long till someone hits the 100mph mark I'm sure
    I'm debating about pulling the VXL out of my all graphite 4-Tec, since I don't drive it any more, and swapping that in.

RC Racer
    Sounds great but ground clearance is tight! :O I can't find anything on speed capabilities but I will guess about 60 mph.... I will get one but I will also like to lift the chassis up another 1/2" if possible. That's where all the electronics ride...next to the road surface. But I like it!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
    I'm debating about pulling the VXL out of my all graphite 4-Tec, since I don't drive it any more, and swapping that in.
    If I get one I'm going to pull the VXL out of my Slash to install in it. The Slash is working on a 2650kv motor upgrade so the old motor will need a new host lol.

RC Champion
    Got mine on order now too!