RC poster

8s vs. 6s stock speed?

I got the 8s xmaxx yesterday, but unfortunately no batteries due to online retailer messing up. So, i can go buy 2x 3s locally or buy 4s completer kit online and wait until wed/thur. I am wondering how much of a speed difference between 6s and 8s (stock gearing). This will help me decide if I get batteries today or wait.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    8s will put you really close to 50mph. 6s prob about 35-40 give or take.
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

RC Racer
    With 6s stock gearing I got 33mph. Haven't run 8s but with other upgrades without just over 40.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Ok, I did the right thing. Ordered the 2993 completer kit with 2x 6700 4s lipos and the ez live charger. Figured it's best to wait and get the right batteries after having spent that much on the truck. Thanks guys.

RC Qualifier
    Big Squid RC recently did a review with the 6700 4s. The top speed they recorded was 42 mph.

Have fun with your new MT !!
    Slash 2wd Sand Rail
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Competitor
    I am running 3s in mine right now. Seems plenty fast for the time being, need to get my hand on a radar gun and see the speed. Should be too hard. The problem with that new charger is for $100 you can only charge one battery at a time. Look at the Venom 0685 charger, it's also $100.

RC poster
    "Big Squid RC recently did a review with the 6700 4s. The top speed they recorded was 42 mph."

Have fun with your new MT !!"

Thanks Shaky17! I just read the entire review. 42 seems plenty fast for such a large truck (at least for me). I seriously can't wait until i'm able to start driving this beast!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cstradling24 View Post
    I am running 3s in mine right now. Seems plenty fast for the time being, need to get my hand on a radar gun and see the speed. Should be too hard. The problem with that new charger is for $100 you can only charge one battery at a time. Look at the Venom 0685 charger, it's also $100.
    I hear ya, the one charge port is kind of a bummer. But for my use (usually take it out, play until drained and then i'm good for the day..haha, not to sound weird) should be ok for me. Will also buy a couple more batteries possibly down the road. Thanks for the info about venom, I have been checking them out lately. Seem to be pretty popular. I do like the ease of use that comes with the ID batteries though too.

RC poster
    Granted mine has the 8s ESC and fan (no other upgrades) so I assume it is a little faster than stock. I have a set of 3s and 4s batts and i have only used the 3s so far. This thing is quick for its size on 3s. I am guessing about 35 mph cuz it feels faster than my EXC Revenges and they run in the 30+ mph range. Eventually i will get there with the 4s but there is plenty power for me for now on 3s...
    ERevo, Revo, Smaxx, XMaxx 6s-8s, 3 Revenges, Jato