RC Enthusiast

Unhappy This is why you shouldn't remove the wing from your E-revo. Vibrations everywhere

Hey Guys,

Yesterday I decided to give a new look into my wing, so I started painted it. But I was bored and want to have some fun with my revo. So I used it without it and this is what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANbBsL1dsic

You can see it yourself... now my rear right wheel is pointing outside and I donīt have any idea what piece itīs damaged.

Iīm thinking in this parts:

#5450 Shaft https://traxxas.com/products/parts/5450
    #5453 Yokes https://traxxas.com/products/parts/5453
    or #5454 Stub Axle https://traxxas.com/products/parts/5454

What are you thinking guys? Any help would be really appreciated!
    Last edited by MiniZViciao; 02-11-2017 at 03:16 PM.
    Revo 3.3 & E-Revo Brushless
    DJI Mavic Pro
    Mini-Z

Might help if you post a photo of the busted truck. Probably just broke an axle carrier and maybe an axle depending on how far it went. That was the first thing I broke on my ERBE.

Or arms.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Might help if you post a photo of the busted truck. Probably just broke an axle carrier and maybe an axle depending on how far it went. That was the first thing I broke on my ERBE.

Or arms.
    Ok iīm going to make the photos asap, but thatīs the problem nothing itīs broken
    DJI Mavic Pro
    Mini-Z

RC Enthusiast

Or arms.
    There you have, itīs better a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT8f9_xe06E
    Nothing seems to be broken, but the rear right shaft itīs shaking more than others.
    DJI Mavic Pro
    Mini-Z

RC Enthusiast

This is why you shouldn't remove the wing from your E-revo. Vibrations everywhere

Photos here:

See? nothing seems to be broken, but obviously thereīs something bad with the right side shafts.
    Last edited by MiniZViciao; 02-12-2017 at 04:13 AM.
    DJI Mavic Pro
    Mini-Z

If you put the tire on, then spin the rear axle by hand slowly, do you see the tire move around? Perhaps you just bent the stub axle.

With the tire off axle spinning in your vid, I don't see much out of whack.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    If you put the tire on, then spin the rear axle by hand slowly, do you see the tire move around? Perhaps you just bent the stub axle.

With the tire off axle spinning in your vid, I don't see much out of whack.
    No it doesn't move around. Stub axle are also perfect!
    I change the rear wheel with front and it looks better...
    Btw I will buy a pair of 5451X just to clear all... https://traxxas.com/products/parts/5451X
    DJI Mavic Pro
    Mini-Z

I dont understand, what does wiping out in a flip to cartwheel and damaging drive shaft have to do with wing removal? None of my P4des have wings and ive done that exact same thing and broken parts many times. Confused here. Are you saying the wing allowed that to happen? I dont believe you were going fast enough for wing down force to have helped in that situation. It looks like bumpy grass and to much throttle caused that. Id just buy a new complete stock drives haft and see if it helps.

92.5 mph Rustler (R.I.P.)
    86.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    Last edited by Briber; 02-12-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    I dont understand, what does wiping out in a flip to cartwheel and damaging drive shaft have to do with wing removal? None of my P4des have wings and ive done that exact same thing and broken parts many times. Confused here. Are you saying the wing allowed that to happen? I dont believe you were going fast enough for wing down force to have helped in that situation. It looks like bumpy grass and to much throttle caused that. Id just buy a new complete stock drives haft and see if it helps.

86.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    So you are saying traxxas trucks use to fly and then broke? Itīs a good strategy to buy more spar parts...
    DJI Mavic Pro
    Mini-Z

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post

86.9 mph Stampede 4x4

I was talking about that the wing can be use as a limit for wheelies, so maybe I could avoid that crash.
    DJI Mavic Pro
    Mini-Z

RC Qualifier
    My guess is a bent pillow ball.
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.