RC Enthusiast

I have 1 battery bulging. Only charged with ID charger kept climate control??

Ok the battery's we're bought around same time, after a few runs and cycles noticed this battery bulging
    Is there any cure. Only been charged with Traxxas ID charger.

RC Qualifier
    Call TRAXXAS support up & explain the issue to them. TRAXXAS is awesome when it comes to there products

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by grave75 View Post
    Call TRAXXAS support up & explain the issue to them. TRAXXAS is awesome when it comes to there products
    Will do thanks..

RC Racer
    careful using the battery though. once they are puffed they are dangerous. some will say its fine to run with slight puffing. your house to burn down so up to you of course....

there is a procedure you can do to discharge and deactivate the batter for safe disposal but talk to traxxas first incase they will replace it.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the info, i sent traxxas a message with photos.
    Hopefully I will hear from them soon.
    Last edited by liquid1; 02-17-2017 at 11:43 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid1 View Post
    Thanks for the info, i sent traxxas a message with photos.
    Hopefully I will hear from them soon.
    I'd go a higher c rating too .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    That's the battery traxxas recommends, it really should work

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman313 View Post
    That's the battery traxxas recommends, it really should work
    Yeah I get it . Just a recommendation for you . From experience , in f/e boats 25 is too low . No matter what traxxas says.

RC Racer
    I have been getting 10-13 cycles on my TRX 5000mah batts before returning them back to Traxxas and a couple of times they just needed a picture. On my 4th set now. I found that if you don't use them they don't puff, LOL.

RC poster
    Iv'e been having the same problems with one battery as well. I took my M41 out to my lake house over the weekend, ran it once, and it was like a balloon. much worse than the picture above. That boat eats batteries. I called traxxas and was told to soak the batteries in salt water and to make sure my boat is on lipo mode.

RC Racer
    My last replacement set of 5000mah were starting to puff out of the boxes. Generally when they reach 38mm on the height I call TRX for a new set. Running the M41 or any boat on cold lake water will set off the "condensation infection' in the lipos because of the temperature inversion in the chemistry. Hard packs are just as bad, they all puff. IMO.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by magnum500sw View Post
    Yeah I get it . Just a recommendation for you . From experience , in f/e boats 25 is too low . No matter what traxxas says.

yep - they are a high quality battery though and test closer to 50c. personally 50 is my absolutely minimum I prefer 90.

the esc can pull up to 300amps. 90c x 5000mah batter can handle up to 450 full charged. A 50c battery should only go for up to a 250amp esc.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman313 View Post
    yep - they are a high quality battery though and test closer to 50c. personally 50 is my absolutely minimum I prefer 90.

the esc can pull up to 300amps. 90c x 5000mah batter can handle up to 450 full charged. A 50c battery should only go for up to a 250amp esc.
    Can't be too high in quality .. oodles of post's with the same issue. So in your last post you would now agree 25 is too low .

RC Enthusiast
    Traxxas contacted me, Said these batteries are good for a year, I had issues with getting them info from my phone so calling them instead for a RMA return or the info they need, This seems to be a good warranty program The deactivation phase is soaking the battery in salt water, Strange this 1 battery out of 2 Traxxas is balooning up. The Lectron pro 50c 5200 mah Battery set I run are not Expanding yet, I run this boat every chance I get, Its a blast. Everyone. Thanks for the info I am for sure looking at the larger MAH Batterys, The Traxxas has good run times and pushes the boat hard.

RC Racer
    Traxxas has the best support and warranty team in the r/c world, IMO. I think they should continue the R & D process on the manufacturing of their batteries. My 8400mah TRX batts are over a year old with more than 60 charge cycles and no puffing. My 4000mah for Rusty have 6 cycles and are puffed. Go figure.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid1 View Post
    Traxxas contacted me, Said these batteries are good for a year, I had issues with getting them info from my phone so calling them instead for a RMA return or the info they need, This seems to be a good warranty program The deactivation phase is soaking the battery in salt water, Strange this 1 battery out of 2 Traxxas is balooning up. The Lectron pro 50c 5200 mah Battery set I run are not Expanding yet, I run this boat every chance I get, Its a blast. Everyone. Thanks for the info I am for sure looking at the larger MAH Batterys, The Traxxas has good run times and pushes the boat hard.
    I believe the trouble with lipo bats are there are no standardized way of verifying the true c ratings , just theoretical . Anyone can correct me on this because it is just my opinion based upon what I've read.

RC Champion
    Traxxas and a few other companies warranty puffed cells. SMC doesn't, but price also reflects this difference.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Agree with you Magnum500, I just wonder how the Maxamps engineers are making the claim. I think they may have a certifiable way to do it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by magnum500sw View Post
    Can't be too high in quality .. oodles of post's with the same issue. So in your last post you would now agree 25 is too low .

What I was trying to see between the two posts:

Personally, I feel 25c is too low and 50c minimum, preferably 90c for me. My opinion only.

However, despite what I am saying above the Traxxas 25C batteries are what Traxxas recommends for the Traxxas boat and therefore should work.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude98 View Post
    Agree with you Magnum500, I just wonder how the Maxamps engineers are making the claim. I think they may have a certifiable way to do it.
    Excellent point.

RC Racer
    I looked into the SMC 60c and they will fit the M41, X-maxx, Revo and Rustler. Gotta do it, my only concern was charging with the EZ dual which the SMC has the balance connector for TRX. Will let you know.

RC Racer
    As I figure the cost per 13-17 minute run with the 5000mah TRX is $11.00, cost per run with TRX 8400mah is $8.66 per run. Cost for the 4000mah is $4.80 per run. What price entertainment.

RC Enthusiast
    Traxxas sent me a New replacement battery, A ++++ warranty program! Thanks Traxxas. Time to hit the lake again. wahooo
    Rude 98 I need to get a set of 8400 mah. I only use the Traxxas ID charger on the Traxxas Batts. use the Dynamite sport quad dual with balancing board for everything else. Its hard to beat the Traxxas battery warranty. Soaking the bad Battery per Traxxas team in salt water solution. I'll read up on making sure the ecs is in lipo mode. Good info everyone thanks.