RC Qualifier

Xmaxx 6s discontinued?

I dont see it on the website now that 8s is up, are they ending production?

RC Racer
    6S got the boot.

RC Racer
    You do know now we have a collectors item!

RC Qualifier
    I did the 8S power up kit with mine, I bet a lot of people are not pleased that power up kit did not include the proper 1275KV motor that the new 8s Xmaxx comes with. I know I would be, cant believe they make you use the same old 1600kv motor. They should have had the motor in it, so people with the 6s truck got the same truck as the new version considering 1 year after the trucks release they are doing this to folks, and obviously since they are discontinuing the 6s Traxxas feels they should have made this truck 8s to begin with. Thankfully I had already upgraded my 6s Xmaxx to a much more powerful 8s system than Traxxas is using, but its pretty lame they released a power up kit with out the "power" motor.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymullen View Post
    You do know now we have a collectors item!
    So in 8 months' time, we're going to see one 'NIB' going for 5,000?

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Needed to look for a replacement shell for my son's Stampede Digger - WOAH!!! Prices are stupid - just for a shell!!

Al.

RC Racer
    Really...it is possible that it won't make any difference. I have both so, I will update on the difference. As far as I am concerned Traxxas did a good thing making the kit and keeping the price livable. They did not have to do a thing. I bet if you would wait and piece it together it would cost you more. If you did not have a new model side by side you would likely never notice. For the price of a max5 and motor you are way over the budget price of the power up kit without drivetrain parts. Power up seems like a fair value and if you run into problems you have Traxxas to fall back on if you normally don't mod things to this level. Not right or wrong just a different point of view.

RC Qualifier
    The 8S conversion kit is not worth the money... MY X-MAXX is staying STOCK 6S

RC poster
    There is one at my local shop. Its on the top shelf, the guys say no one is interested it it. They just ask about the 8s, like I did.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbl302 View Post
    There is one at my local shop. Its on the top shelf, the guys say no one is interested it it. They just ask about the 8s, like I did.
    I picked mine up Friday and was the only pre order they had. Stopped in the other hobby town nearby for some stuff and they have 4 waiting for a new home.

Given the cost with batteries this rc is in the stratosphere for most sensible people. Me....I'm nuts like a lot of the others here and have more than 1. Once you run one though you really don't want to run much else. Wish I just would have started with the xmaxx and I would have a fleet.
    Last edited by Jaymullen; 02-12-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grave75 View Post
    Same as mine. 6S is good enough for me. Too much fun.

RC poster
    Makes sense for it to be discontinued though. Plenty of recent owners of the 6s are upset with the 8s coming out. I personally waited after I heard about the 8s to buy one. My Hobby Shop said they didnt get a 6s in sense the 8s was announced.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpasl View Post
    Same as mine. 6S is good enough for me. Too much fun.
    AGREED 100% The 6S is more than enough to power the X-MAXX & I myself enjoy the RIG too much on 6S power I can't see spending all that money on a 8S upgrade I caught heck from the wife when I dropped $700 on my X-MAXX last April she thought I was crazy than for spending that type of cash. MY X-MAXX is FAST enough on it's stock 6s platform & I think a Truck of the X-MAXX's size does not need a 8S setup I just think that's overkill for the RIG....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfHunter1043 View Post
    Makes sense for it to be discontinued though. Plenty of recent owners of the 6s are upset with the 8s coming out. I personally waited after I heard about the 8s to buy one. My Hobby Shop said they didnt get a 6s in sense the 8s was announced.
    AMAZON has the 6S Motor/ESC combo in stock

RC Racer
    I have been considering an X-Maxx for a couple of weeks now and with all the complaints I see about the drivetrain issues 6S just does not make sense to buy new.

The 6S power up is a nice lifeline to throw to the 6S customers though.

I personally will prolly buy an 8S and run it on 6S initially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    It's so worth it, but good for you.

AGREED 100% The 6S is more than enough to power the X-MAXX & I myself enjoy the RIG too much on 6S power I can't see spending all that money on a 8S upgrade I caught heck from the wife when I dropped $700 on my X-MAXX last April she thought I was crazy than for spending that type of cash. MY X-MAXX is FAST enough on it's stock 6s platform & I think a Truck of the X-MAXX's size does not need a 8S setup I just think that's overkill for the RIG....

I don't know why Traxxas decided to put 8S system in X-Maxx. I am sure that 8S Xmaxx could do wheelie if pull throttle trigger easily. That will make people get TIRED of it. 6S is simple, and could do wheelie if pull throttle trigger quickly and stay down running. 8S would stay up and wheelie in long way. No fun. 8S system is not for monster truck. 8S system is suppose to be for dragster, funny car. 8S is like as rocket.

RC Racer
    I don't know why Traxxas decided to put 8S system in X-Maxx. I am sure that 8S Xmaxx could do wheelie if pull throttle trigger easily. That will make people get TIRED of it. 6S is simple, and could do wheelie if pull throttle trigger quickly and stay down running. 8S would stay up and wheelie in long way. No fun. 8S system is not for monster truck. 8S system is suppose to be for dragster, funny car. 8S is like as rocket.
    I actually prefer to have the truck upgraded to handle 8s as I am only planning on running it on 6s and like a truck that I can run hard without breaking.

See what happen to Xmaxx with 8S system in this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGtz9sh0zE0

With 8S system, tires blew up easily!!! Is that good idea to have 8S system?

RC poster
    Hi,

does anybody know, if the old parts like 7750 driveshaft, which are for the 6S version, will still be on sale or we all that stayed on 6S, will have to buy new parts 7750X which is not compatible with the old drive cup (7754) and stub axle (7753).

Thanks for answering.

RC Competitor
    See what happen to Xmaxx with 8S system in this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGtz9sh0zE0

With 8S system, tires blew up easily!!! Is that good idea to have 8S system?
    those are the old tires, the new ones a stiffer.

RC Competitor
    but this is a heavy truck. 8s is a good idea, even with 8s its not uncontrollable like say a E Revo on 6s. 40-50 mph is perfect for this truck, and don't get me wrong I also have a old maxx, and its great on 6s, bit just a tad bit slow IMO. I just bought the new Maxx and from the one run I did with it, It's much better and faster, and so far I have only run it on 6s, i'm waiting for my 4s batteries to come in

Ah ok stiffer tires. Lets wait and see what they say when they get new XMaxx with 8S system.

RC Racer
    I found 6s to be boring within hours of owning it. I converted mine to the Leopard motor 8s system a long time ago. Yes I break more stuff but I broke stuff with 6s as well. Only thing now is that I am able to make tires explode. Been through two sets of Losi style wheels/tires and now back to new stock wheels/tires. My biggest issue is I like to play in water with it and that is worst thing you can do to a foam insert tire.

RC poster
    I did the upgrade and for me it was worth it.. I'm still running 6S but i find the new ESC much better. Those saying its not worth it, how can you judge if you haven't done the upgrade?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightning2 View Post
    Does no one tape their tires to keep them from ballooning on the XMAXX? I waiting to pick mine up in the spring but currently have a Stampede with a Sidewinder 8th motor on a 4s battery. If I don't tape the tires they balloon like mad. But once they are taped it completely solves the ballooning problem.
    I did mine on my Stampede, but for me, the issue is the tires on the X are all glued. I don't want to take the time to get them off at this point. Traxxas says the V2 tires are better, I'll wait for the verdict and then probably get the new ones when I finish off the old ones.

RC Qualifier
    Not sure I understand your logic of it having more power and doing wheelies would make people get tired of it. But anyway. I went with the Leopard BL5/1360Kv combo. Which is awesome on both 6s and 8s. On 6s it has the power the orginal 6s should have (About 40-45Mph) and with my same gear setup does aprox 70Mph on 8s. Not to mention on 6s it NEVER even stresses the motor, and now that I have the power up kit, doesnt stress the drive train or gears. It is fun to throw a 8s pack through it once in awhile when Im screwing around on the street.

RC Racer
    I just bought two new OEM Tires/Wheels. They balloon like crazy. They seemed stiffer than the original tires. Actually, Every set of tires/wheels that I have ran balloon like crazy.

RC poster

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rknight View Post
    I did the 8S power up kit with mine, I bet a lot of people are not pleased that power up kit did not include the proper 1275KV motor that the new 8s Xmaxx comes with. I know I would be, cant believe they make you use the same old 1600kv motor. They should have had the motor in it, so people with the 6s truck got the same truck as the new version considering 1 year after the trucks release they are doing this to folks, and obviously since they are discontinuing the 6s Traxxas feels they should have made this truck 8s to begin with. Thankfully I had already upgraded my 6s Xmaxx to a much more powerful 8s system than Traxxas is using, but its pretty lame they released a power up kit with out the "power" motor.

1600KV motor is ALOT better on 8s, so its a good thing