RC Racer

VXL to Mamba Monster Transformation Completed.....

So after having an absolute blast with the VXL setup, my trigger finger (eBay trigger finger) got itchy and I decided to make my Rustler a Mamba Monster and go for 100+mph...

Upgrades:

RPM F/R arms, front tower, front bumper, front bulkhead
    Traxxas blue wheel hubs F/R, castor blocks, turnbuckles
    TBone Rear bumper/wheelie bar
    FLM rear shock tower
    Integy Gearbox
    MIP heavy duty driveshafts
    Big Bore Shocks with stiff racing springs (70wt rear, 40wt front)
    Hot Racing Sealed Diff (30k wt)
    Jaco Low Profile 'pink' foam tires
    Hot Racing slipper clutch

And now the sweet stuff......

NeuCastle 1515 Series 2200kv Motor
    Mamba Monster X ESC
    Hot Racing 34 tooth Mod 1 Spur Gear
    Teckno 28 tooth Mod 1 Pinion Gear
    (2) SMC TSP Lipos---3S 7200mah 90C (in series)

I had very high expectations of this setup, and they've more than been exceeded!

The power/torque on this truck is completely ridiculous, and I managed to keep total weight under 9lbs!!

Just got it all assembled today, and the weather wasn't ideal so unfortunately no real speed runs quite yet----which is hilarious to me saying that after watching this beast hit mid-80s without even breaking a sweat today....barely touch the throttle and it's in orbit!!!

As Jay would say: "This thing's faster than Walt Flannigan's dog!!!"

I know I'm definitely not pioneering this setup, so any opinions/info/advice is welcomed!!!

Here's some pics of the setup, and soon as weather permits I'll throw in some speed run videos!!!

For now, I'll just have another sip of my Castle Koolaid I'm currently drinking.....

Last edited by Gcm1978; 02-11-2017 at 11:56 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Looks awesome. I've just started doing speed runs with mine. Gives me some ideas. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Looks great, good luck with her.

RC Racer
    Thanks fellas...did a little testing today and it's nothing short of amazing!

I've gotta figure out how to get the braking dialed-in just right before making any serious speed runs

SMC in 6S series is fantastic, and the run-time surpassed what I expected

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Nice build, look forward to seeing some numbers!

133mph Reaper Rustler 6s
    119mph Reaper Rustler 4s
    111mph Reaper Rustler 3s
    Mamba Slash 4x4
    MMX/Tekin Summit.

RC Competitor
    you just need one more touch up before your rusty bud. remover the fish weight and add some Wheel Weight besides that all looks good. like Pede said give us some numbers.
    moar faster, yeah I drive like I stole it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    He can take that weight on and off as needed. What about the saga weighted bumpers. They're adjustable.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    Nice build, look forward to seeing some numbers!

133mph Reaper Rustler 6s
    119mph Reaper Rustler 4s
    111mph Reaper Rustler 3s
    Mamba Slash 4x4
    MMX/Tekin Summit.

Thanks man....got a few things to iron out with it first, but some pavement will be blistered in the next week or so

RC Racer

VXL to Mamba Monster Transformation Completed.....

I've used both clay and lead for adding weight, and the modeling clay has been the best for me....Like Grip said, I can remove it at anytime---plus the RPM bulkhead has an enclosed area in the bottom that I can put another 3-4oz inside if needed.

I like Saga bumpers---if I change from RPM, that'd be the one

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcm1978 View Post
    I've used both clay and lead for adding weight, and the modeling clay has been the best for me....Like Grip said, I can remove it at anytime---plus the RPM bulkhead has an enclosed area in the bottom that I can put another 3-4oz inside if needed.

I like Saga bumpers---if I change from RPM, that'd be the one
    They certainly are ugly. Functional but ugly

RC Racer
    hey;
    you may want to look into the STRC slash 2WD lcg conversion kit (st5822). It sets the rear end about an inch farther back. I went from fighting to keep the front end of my rusty down to having to work to do wheelies. Well, it's not really work with the SC8/2700 combo but i don't have to work as hard to keep it on all 4.
    I had cut up an old shock tower to be able to use my bandit and rustler bodies. I use mine for bashing/big jumps and aside from the scratches I've had no issues.
    http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...tion=1&model=1
    Last edited by stoic4now; 02-19-2017 at 01:43 PM.

The blue blob needs to go. Just melt the lead down into a platefor the top chassis

Which batts are you running?
    and RC pilots say RC cars can't fly!

Quote Originally Posted by stoic4now View Post
    hey;
    you may want to look into the STRC slash 2WD lcg conversion kit (st5822). It sets the rear end about an inch farther back. I went from fighting to keep the front end of my rusty down to having to work to do wheelies. Well, it's not really work with the SC8/2700 combo but i don't have to work as hard to keep it on all 4.
    I had cut up an old shock tower to be able to use my bandit and rustler bodies. I use mine for bashing/big jumps and aside from the scratches I've had no issues.
    http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...tion=1&model=1
    Or you could just buy the traxxas slash LCG Chassis which could make it easier to work on and more compatible with slash stuff... cheaper too.

https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-Low-C.../dp/B00JEV19OC
    and RC pilots say RC cars can't fly!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by StampedeSwag13 View Post
    Or you could just buy the traxxas slash LCG Chassis which could make it easier to work on and more compatible with slash stuff... cheaper too.

https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-Low-C.../dp/B00JEV19OC
    The STRC doesn't make it a n y harder to work on than without it. This IS a rusty he's running after all not a slash so "slash compatibility" probably isn't that big of an issue. plus with the STRC you simply ADD it to the rusty chassis not replace it. ten minutes and you're done. and with just a few snips he can keep running his rusty shells too. the STRC kit fits the LCG chassis too by the way. Just sayin'.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by stoic4now View Post
    The STRC doesn't make it a n y harder to work on than without it. This IS a rusty he's running after all not a slash so "slash compatibility" probably isn't that big of an issue. plus with the STRC you simply ADD it to the rusty chassis not replace it. ten minutes and you're done. and with just a few snips he can keep running his rusty shells too. the STRC kit fits the LCG chassis too by the way. Just sayin'.
    Well put. Traxxas doesn't just make one vehicle, for a good reason.