Thread: Sway bars

RC poster

Sway bars

Hi guys, new guy here. I keep reading about all the updates everybody is doing on their cars and trucks. Seems nobody talks about adding sway bars. Do they get ripped off or something. I bought a sway bar kit for my Revo and now wondering if I should leave it in the bag or what. Any opinions?

RC Enthusiast
    I've had mine installed for awhile. No issues, don't know how much it effects handling. The cars street cred definitely went up

RC Enthusiast
    I installed sway bars (the type where you have to drill a hole in the rockers) in my brushless conversion slayer. Was kind of a necessity because it likes to roll over. Also shortened some of the push rods to lower the ride height and made a lexan base to mount the esc lower at chassis height instead of on top of the tranny. Can still flip over but not as easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing, I do see a lot of post with people running sway bars. I'm currently not running sway bars but will mostly be picking up a kit the next time I order parts.

RC poster
    I put them on and the car doesn't pick the rear inside tire up nearly as bad. both black bars in rear all teeth way down from the about half. I'm sure if I pushed the frontsame down a bit more it would help even more

I definitely recommend running them. I've only used the Traxxas brand sways (haven't tried Tekno's) but I've had one set on my redo platinum for years and year without any failures (other than set-screws coming loose- easy fix). When I bought my ERBE one of the first mods I did was to add Traxxas sways.
    Learn by doing

RC Racer
    What is the difference between traxxas 5496 and 5498 sway bars?
    ERBEMERVStampede4x4RallyVXLKenBlockVXLSlash4x4

RC Enthusiast
    They made a huge difference on my MERV. I was debating doing it on the ERBE as well. The only reason I haven't is my MERV sees track use , while my ERBE is a pure basher. If I wanted a bit more stability while cornering, I'd def pull the trigger on a set for the ERBE. I kinda like the flex and actuation of the suspension as-is, however, for the type of driving that I do with it.