RC Competitor

Question What does it do?

So i got the light kit for the mini summit and for some reason the black bulk that goes to the 2nd servo slot fried but can i power the leds just from the reciever like on the full scale one and what does the black box do why is there 1 red wire going to the reciever?

RC Champion
    Yes you can power the LEDs from the receiver. There should be a red wire and a black wire. Not sure what black box you are asking about.
    Dacaur

RC Competitor
    The black box that bolts in the 2nd servo spot then the small light connectors connect to that #7286.
    Wich one of the wires is the positive that connect to the leds. Both are black but the other one has some white stripes.
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ns-mini-summit
    The 2nd pic shows the diffirence in the wires.
    Last edited by PahviNalle; 02-17-2017 at 01:45 AM.

RC Champion
    OK I see what you are saying. You want to know if you can plug the LEDs right into the receiver instead of using the black box that come the kit right?

That wouldn't be a problem assuming your esc's Bec can handle the extra draw, which it might not.
    I am betting the black box is just a Bec. Get a cheap one and hook up the LEDs
    "Normally" on electronics the solid color is negative and the striped is positive, but that's not ALWAYS followed...
    Hopefully someone that has the kit can look and tell you which is pos and neg.
    Dacaur

RC Competitor
    I have the stock VXL esc can that bec take the draw and can i try it without frying the esc? Also having a problem where the back lights are on but the 4 fronts leds are not on even tho the wiring is fine when powering from the receiver also had the foor lights hooked up and they were working fine have them wired like on the big summit.

RC Champion
    you wont fry anything trying it. if its too much the ESC will just shut down, then restart. Chances are it will be fine just sitting there regardless, its when you are on the throttle and turning, thus lowering the battery voltage and loading the BEC that you would see a problem.
    Dacaur

RC Competitor
    Ok had the same problem on my big summit got a bec on that works fine now. Thanks for the help.