RC Enthusiast

Exclamation Hobbywing max6 on Xmaxx 8s ? (will it work?)

I do not like the VXL 8s esc. Way to hard in reverse. Got problems to bind it in AVC mode with mine spectrum dx4r pro set. So that are 2 points I do not like. Looks to have no options to program, like CC, or HW. So that are 3 strikes! 3 strike out!

Well:
    Manual of Max 6 stated 8s for BL motor KV less or equal of 1200kv (8S:KV≤1200)
    Xmaxx 8s does have 1275 motor. Will it be too much?? I think it will be fine, (in the 10% region)
    anny one some thought ? or tried it already ?

RC Qualifier
    Yes it works great! Installs with 0 modifications needed! I don't trust vxl ESC's so I swapped mine with HWmax6 rite away, didn't even have one run on the vxl-8.
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you! Will do some search where it is the cheapest here in the Netherlands or in Japan / Taiwan / Asia.

RC Enthusiast
    Could not edit mine message.. but I see you have 2x3s lipo in picture, I want to use 2x4s lipo. did you actualy drove it on 8s???

RC Qualifier
    I run 8s on the 1600kv and its been fine

RC Enthusiast
    Thnx, one max6 is on the way from UK to the Netherlands

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by psygho77 View Post
    Could not edit mine message.. but I see you have 2x3s lipo in picture, I want to use 2x4s lipo. did you actualy drove it on 8s???
    Yea I jut had the 3s in there to program the esc that's all.
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you! Will update if I have the goodies... Mine stock esc is out for warranty..
    (sent mine rx-tx set with it too, for testing purpose there)

RC Enthusiast
    ESC came within one week under warranty, got an complete new one. I have tested, this one is fine
    One day later I got the MAX6 from hobbywing from msuk.

Put in the max 6, did some tests with 2x 4s 6700mah trax lipo's
    Total different car! LOVE it. since I use spectrum Dx4r pro, with avc 4210 receiver, the self righting was already gone., but do not want to use it anyway, put to much strain on drive line.

Max6:
    Ended up, with stock gearing, with 50% brake, 25% reverse force, and punch 4.
    I now have an xmaxx v2 as it should be! Verry very happy!

One nice thing was, I could use the same program card I had for mine stampede VXL (hobbywing wp-sc8 + 4000kv 4 pole combo)
    Well the sticker does not match, but manual of max6 has the proper item and description, so that was not an problem.
    Last edited by psygho77; 02-27-2017 at 06:30 PM.

I wonder if we could get a store to offer up a group buy on those HW esc's?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rtmike View Post
    I wonder if we could get a store to offer up a group buy on those HW esc's?
    good idea,I have Max5 already but wouldn't mind having an extra one,kinda regret selling my brand new Max6 could've built me a second xmaxx from scratch.
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    good idea,I have Max5 already but wouldn't mind having an extra one,kinda regret selling my brand new Max6 could've built me a second xmaxx from scratch.
    And that's ezack-we what I want to do. There were items I bought but later regretted plus there should be enough other items to build another? I'd like to build one in honor of my Father who passed away few weeks back.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddogg951 View Post
    Yes it works great! Installs with 0 modifications needed! I don't trust vxl ESC's so I swapped mine with HWmax6 rite away, didn't even have one run on the vxl-8.
    Since ur not using nor like the new traxxas esc can I have it? lol Also wouldn't you think the hwmax6 be slower on 6s

Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    And that's ezackly what I want to do. There were items I bought but later regretted plus there should be enough other items to build another? I'd like to build one in honor of my Father who passed away few weeks back..

I wonder if Traxxas would allow a post asking who would interested in a group buy Max6

RC Enthusiast
    What motors would work fine with the max6 on 8s ? I'm looking at the leopard 5892 2Y or 4D
    http://www.leopardhobby.com/html/en/...50924/148.html
    Max 6 is a 160A each and under their 1200 kv cap for 8s.
    Can't anymore chime in here for this specific setup?
    Also plan to run 20/50 gears