RC Competitor

Decisions Decisions…

Well I've ordered 2 castle combos from eBay for the 2200kv sensored system. Both times I got a message saying they were back ordered. So Doing some thinking do I want the 2200 or the 2650 castle setup? My main goal is just bashing but would like to do 45-50mph. What are your thoughts?

Got my mudslingers mounted today and I must say they look pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not have any insight on your motor choice as my Summit is Brushed. Since you mentioned the Mudslingers, I had to say they look great!!
    I see you ended up with Axial Beadlocks. Have you seen the thread where it details how to cut Axial Beadlocks in half and make them narrows?

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...-set-of-wheels

I did the mod and it has held up great. I have talked to some that like the look of the wider wheels so of course to each is own.
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

Do you ever want to run 6s? If so stick with the 2200 as I believe the 2650 is only rated for up to 4s. You'll get more torque out of the 2200 as well of course.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah I would stick with 2200. I just got myself the MMX & 2200 sensored combo. If you want 40+, I recommend getting a Revo. While the Revo & Summit share many components, the Summit is heavier. Just a suggestion.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You stuck on Castle for any particular reason?

RC Competitor
    I'm stuck with castle because I've had them in the past and never had a problem with them. I have also had a tekin rx8 in a summit as well. Just like the fact that the castle esc is waterproof.

As far as breaking stuff.. I had a slash 4x4 about 4 years ago that was bone stock. I put the XO1 motor and esc in there and NEVER broke anything. It's all about throttle control and how you use it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Okay then. With a vehicle as big as the summit, with those tires if get the 2200