RC poster

Question Slash 2wd vxl cant stay on the ground

I have a problem with my RC where I used to have a stock 23/86 gearing and I clocked it out at 53.3 mph on a 3s 5000mah lipo 11.1v and I wanted it to go faster but that gearing made it a wheelie monster so I went to my hobby shop and a guy recommended 32/76 gearing and this thing is fast, too fast I can't get full throttle without it lifting in the front and it flings back on its back and it does it every time. everything else is stock accept the shocks tires and what I think it the caster blocks those are rpm I know I need to upgrade to aluminum but until its unrunnable with plastic that's what I got I will get the slash 4x4 Vxl soon but I want this one to stay on the ground thank you sorry for rambling.

RC Enthusiast
    You're going to need to cut out the rear windows to allow air to pass through the body. Going that fast with that much body makes it act like a parachute and you will flip every time. I did the same to mine and it works great except when I hit a rock and the front jumps up a bit, then that wind hits it and on the back it goes. You will have to play with how much you take out to control it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Well actually I don't have the body on so it's just an open chassis

RC Enthusiast
    You could try backing your slipper off a little bit to allow it to not apply all of the power at once, causing it to wheelie so hard. The obvious thing is to just ease into the throttle. 3s is no joke. You absolutely have to adjust your driving style to accommodate that much extra power.

Would you drive a Ferrari like you do a Kia?

RC poster
    yah i tried it doesnt wheelie much now since i have a new gear but it will act norman when i drive but right when i reach top speed the air i guess is to much so it flies up

I just put weights on the front of my car. I need more than the average Joe with 6s but some weight will definitely help and also help control the car. Just an idea for you.

RC poster
    Thats the thing i dont know where to find rc weights can i just use a couple 1oz fishing weights

You can, yes. What I did was melt them down into like a flat plate for my rustler. But squares or whatever woukd work for a slash.

RC Enthusiast
    @WonderMelon
    Hi, WonderMelon, can you please share details on your 6S 2WD Slash? Apart from adding an appropriate weight to the front, what type of drivetrain mods did you undertake? any special gear pitches, hardened gears, top gear shaft, bearings, driveshafts?

Well it's a rustler but almost the same I guess. These are all really general rules: 32pitch gears (a plastic spur is fine even in sand and a steel pinion is a good idea, aluminum gets torn up) I had to go with MiP driveshafts because no plastic ones could hold up. Avid revolution bearings are amazing, I kept on blowing up the traxxas bearings. And a fat wallet is also needed to keep the truck in working order. Also softening the rear shocks is a must, that is unless you like to do wheelies and not go anywhere, and the front shocks should be harder since the weight in the front. I could've kept my rustler 1/4 inch off the ground but around here we have rocks taller than that. If you plan on off roading, forget about 6s. Off roading in 6s is like... I don't know but your gears will not last. Spur and pinion will but all the diff gears no. Even on the street I blow up a whole transmission gear set. It's pretty often. Now at this point you may wonder what's the point of all these problems? It's fun!

RC Qualifier
    i saw on youtube a mythical rear end with mod-1 gears on the inside. i wish i had the wallet and knowledge to experiment with beefing up the gearbox in my 2wd. i saw on amazon a "bomb-proof" gearbox but it is for the Axial scx10 and does not look like it will fit. i'm not a 6s basher, but i enjoy my 3s and 4s a lot, but i seem to go through diff-guts lately...

RC Enthusiast
    Wow so with even all those mods, it still blows up. you have a really powerful rig! I've seen a successful youtuber use an Arrma Fury on 6s, with just a small differential mod. i think my next step will be to try its gearbox on the back of the slash and see what happens. The complete Fury transmission is on ebay, including 32p spur is on ebay for about $60. I just have to see where i can get a piece of thick aluminum for a new bottom plate/chassis.

Yes I agree, all this wrenching is fun!!

RC Enthusiast
    Lower the chassis. Put some shims inside your shocks to drop it down. try and get the front end lower then the rear. Also you can run the TRA2735 front bumper and turn it upside down. That way it will add a little downforce to the frontend

Quote Originally Posted by Kdog5682 View Post
    Well actually I don't have the body on so it's just an open chassis
    No body usually prevents flip overs. I'd zip tie an adjustable wrench to the front bumper to see if that helps. The extra weight makes it ungainly for bashing, but helps with speed runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...