Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

New Info on the TRX Scaler

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with Traxxas, and they told me a bunch on info info regarding the upcoming Traxxas Scale truck, and I figured I'd share the news.

From what I was told they're shooting for releasing it the first week of May, with a price point around the Slash 4x4, so betwen $450-$500. He did confirm it's using Summit diff lockers in it. Also, they confirmed that it's a true 1/10 size, that will have an adjustable wheelbase on it, which he said would allow all the curret scaler bodies to fit on it, along with numours other parts. The tires are in fact 1.9 size, not 2.2 like people were saying. He said the pictures of it only make it look huge because of the body on it, but he said it's the same size as the Axial SCX10 II. The XL-5 pictured in it is not a normal XL-5, he said it will have drag brake and "other" new crawler features on it. He also told me that Traxxas dealers are now able to pre order them, so check with your LHS to see if they'll have any coming.

I can't wait to get my hands on one!
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like a winner to me.

So what's its name?
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    So what's its name?
    That was actually my first question I asked him. He said he didn't know what it's going to be called, but he did say that Traxxas is going to start to "leak" info out before the offical realease to drum up excitment, so my guess is that it won't be too much longer before we find out.

I wonder what servo they are using. A single 2075 might not have enough oomph to get the job done. The 450 dollar price also seems a bit high for me.
    smooth is fast

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw49 View Post
    I wonder what servo they are using. A single 2075 might not have enough oomph to get the job done. The 450 dollar price also seems a bit high for me.
    The servo in the pictures is metal geared, so that's a good thing. I honestly think even $500 is fair IMHO. Factory two speed trans, locking and unlocking diffs, all transmitter controlled with portal axles is not that bad for that price. Heck, a stock Axial SCX10 II with none of those features is $400.

Great info, thanks!!!

I guess it is a good thing that we are supposed to have five technicians in my show at work, and we only have two. I'll have lots of overtime saved up by the time this rig comes out. Just hope I have time to play with it.

By the way, any electronics types looking for a job, who can get a security clearance, and doesn't mind North Idaho out there?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

That last bit's a tough one, lol. Is it anything like West New York?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    That last bit's a tough one, lol. Is it anything like West New York?
    Well, N' Ho isn't terrible, although I have figured out what I don't like about living in ice and snow... I don't like ice and snow. However, right across the road from my house (literally) is over 10000 acres of forest land with lots and lots of trails for ATV riding, plus, it is legal to ride ATVs on all roads except those that have a speed limit over 45mph. If hunting is your thing, (sadly, not mine) there are few places better to kill critters, and few places better if you feel the need to own and carrier firearms (the whole state is permitless concealed carry). To top if off, it is very cheap to live up here. Plus, the job is mainly submarine R&D, so it is working on some cool stuff.

Here is a quick little article on where I work...
    http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the...-in-1590794426

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

Back to the thread's topic...

I was at my LHS today, one of the guys that worked there said that this truck was already released in the Netherlands...? Anyone know if this is true?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    and I figured I'd share the news.
    Wolf comes through for us again! Traxxas should use you as their "leaker" lol. Thanks for the info.

p.s. My birthday is in May, so if any one wants to donate to my gift feel free
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    Wolf comes through for us again! Traxxas should use you as their "leaker" lol. Thanks for the info.

p.s. My birthday is in May, so if any one wants to donate to my gift feel free
    Thanks! Honestly, I'm not doing anything special. Working at my LHS I've made a few friends over at Traxxas, and they just tell me what I tell you guys.

RC Qualifier
    That's just great, I just have to go to my lhs and tell them I want to preorder a scale truck that dont have a name, lol. Kidding my lhs would know exactly what I'm talking about, I love my lhs. I wish I had $$$ to get one but I already spent about $2000 on a new summit and other rc's. Maxed out on rc trucks for the next year or so. Wonder if the wife would get me one for my bday.

RC poster
    No release in The Netherlands... sadly enough

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    They should raffle a free one for us loyal subjects

Ugh, I need more money!!
    if you fall, I'll catch you! - Your Floor

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNL View Post
    No release in The Netherlands... sadly enough

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk
    I didn't think so, but not knowing, I didn't want to tell this guy he was wrong, even though he is the last person who works in my LHS you'd want to get RC advise from.

Working at my LHS I've made a few friends over at Traxxas, and they just tell me what I tell you guys.
    Thank you for sharing Wolf!

He also told me that Traxxas dealers are now able to pre order them, so check with your LHS to see if they'll have any coming.
    What does a typical Pre-order entail, Deposit? Paid in full? I guess that would be tough not knowing the full price yet. Are you taking pre orders at your LHS (VH)
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

you know you have a good product when it hasn't even been officially announced yet and people are throwing money at their LHS's for it!
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

I thought the same thing I am going to go down there and give them money for something that does not officially exist. I just added that to the "You know your an addict when..." thread

Quote Originally Posted by SummitonSlingrs View Post
    Thank you for sharing Wolf!

What does a typical Pre-order entail, Deposit? Paid in full? I guess that would be tough not knowing the full price yet. Are you taking pre orders at your LHS (VH)
    I'm glad people find this info as exciting as I do!

I wish, but we don't have any part #'s to actually get it in writing and make it official. That, and we wouldn't know how much to charge people either... As soon as a part # for them show up, I myself is going to pre order/pay for one. I'll let you guys know when I find out.

RC Qualifier
    I think its exciting wolfslash16. Especially since its a scale and solid axles from traxxas. Just wish I had the $$$. It will have to wait till next year hopefully. One day ill have all the rc's I want. Traxxas should do some giveaways, hint hint for the release.

RC Racer
    Hey guys, I just got off the phone with Traxxas, and they told me a bunch on info info regarding the upcoming Traxxas Scale truck, and I figured I'd share the news.

From what I was told they're shooting for releasing it the first week of May, with a price point around the Slash 4x4, so betwen $450-$500.

Seriously. $450-$500 for a 1/10 scale crawler. Ummm NO!!

Guys I'm as die hard of a Traxxas fan as they come but someone over there has flipped their noodle. First they're asking $290 (tower price) for the 4TEC now this. Sorry Traxxas but you're pricing yourselves out of reach of the average person. If the scale rig hits the market with a street price over that of the SCX10 (around $350) then Axial is getting more of my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Basher 1 View Post
    Seriously. $450-$500 for a 1/10 scale crawler. Ummm NO!!

Guys I'm as die hard of a Traxxas fan as they come but someone over there has flipped their noodle. First they're asking $290 (tower price) for the 4TEC now this. Sorry Traxxas but you're pricing yourselves out of reach of the average person. If the scale rig hits the market with a street price over that of the SCX10 (around $350) then Axial is getting more of my money.
    If you look at what RC4WD has out there, and the prices their stuff fetches, $450-500 really is not out of line at all. If you buy a SCX or a TF2, and pop for a set of portals, you are sitting right at $450, and that is for a kit with no electronics. If you throw in the RTR electronics with the locking differentials, $450 is actually a good price.

I just hope that the new XL5 has a good drag brake, and is easy to program.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    If you look at what RC4WD has out there, and the prices their stuff fetches, $450-500 really is not out of line at all. If you buy a SCX or a TF2, and pop for a set of portals, you are sitting right at $450, and that is for a kit with no electronics. If you throw in the RTR electronics with the locking differentials, $450 is actually a good price.

I just hope that the new XL5 has a good drag brake, and is easy to program.
    You're right.... I have/had 2 TF2, and some scx's. And had some $$$$ wrapped up in them. My current TF2 has alot in it right now, the tires and wheels alone were $250 at one point.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

RC Qualifier
    Guess everyone is entitled to the own opinion. Is $500 + or - alot for this rig, I dont think so, not for what your getting. I'd give my lhs $500 for one. Like nixhex32 said putting money into another scaler and it adds up fast. I can believe that too justthinking if getting a tf2 and the money is already adding up and I don't even have one yet. I dont have a problem spending money into my rc's amdand building them up.

RC Competitor
    $500 is pretty steep but if it performs as well as it looks then Ill have to check with my LHS to see if I can start a layaway on it plus i never been interested in crawlers and i want one now.

RC Competitor
    Hey Traxxas, you have to strike while the iron is hot!
    Y.T. =Bachkrabbler, ka4172 , Crawlervideo

RC Qualifier
    $450 - $500 for a scaler like this isn't bad at all. My TF2 Kit was $450 ish before I even bought electronics for it lol.

I have been seriously interested in this ever since I first heard about it. If its anything like the other traxxas stuff I have owned it should be awesome. Specially on the durability part.

RC Qualifier
    Blah blah blah blah all this talk lets see some more detail pictures traxxas. I'm feeling like a kid all over again, I want to peak at the presents under tree but in this case theses nothing I can do about peaking. Hey wolfslash16 work some magic and get us some more info, least a name, lol, I know it's not going to happen, lol.

RC Qualifier

From what I was told they're shooting for releasing it the first week of May, with a price point around the Slash 4x4, so betwen $450-$500. He did confirm it's using Summit diff lockers in it. Also, they confirmed that it's a true 1/10 size, that will have an adjustable wheelbase on it, which he said would allow all the curret scaler bodies to fit on it, along with numours other parts. The tires are in fact 1.9 size, not 2.2 like people were saying. He said the pictures of it only make it look huge because of the body on it, but he said it's the same size as the Axial SCX10 II. The XL-5 pictured in it is not a normal XL-5, he said it will have drag brake and "other" new crawler features on it. He also told me that Traxxas dealers are now able to pre order them, so check with your LHS to see if they'll have any coming.

I can't wait to get my hands on one!
    Darn & I just picked up an Axial Wraith Crawler / Racer.... Crap I would of waited until TRAXXAS came out with this one Might be asking the Wife for an increase in allowance Money might need to pick this new TRAXXAS Rig up I already have the Ford GT 2.0 on Pre-Order from my HS

Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    Blah blah blah blah all this talk lets see some more detail pictures traxxas. I'm feeling like a kid all over again, I want to peak at the presents under tree but in this case theses nothing I can do about peaking. Hey wolfslash16 work some magic and get us some more info, least a name, lol, I know it's not going to happen, lol.
    I wish! Traxxas is being pretty tight lipped on what it's going to be called. Honestly, I'm just glad that they've given me as much info as they have, I just love knowing that's not a fake really.

RC Qualifier
    Guess we all get to play the waiting game, how boring. I could use some excitement in my life right now, stuck in this boring routine right now.

RC Competitor
    Maybe this chit chat make the waiting time shorter,i watch every day in the net for news about this truck.No i am not "addicted"! Maybe a bit... I hope i have more luck with this summit style lockers,because i breake dozens of Summit Spidergears only at crawling speed between river rocks (my Axial Scorpion breake nothing in the same spot). I hope the smaller tire diameter and portal drive give less stress to the spiders.
    Y.T. =Bachkrabbler, ka4172 , Crawlervideo

Quote Originally Posted by bachkrabbler View Post
    Maybe this chit chat make the waiting time shorter,i watch every day in the net for news about this truck.No i am not "addicted"! Maybe a bit...
    Your not alone...

RC Qualifier
    This is all new to me. Have pictures been released? I'd like a crawler but the Summit is to big for what I want.
    Stampede 4x4/Slash 4x4/Xmaxx/Alias/GT

RC Qualifier
    Never mind I found it
    Stampede 4x4/Slash 4x4/Xmaxx/Alias/GT

RC Champion
    We should be due a couple teaser pics or at least a spec or two ?
    Hope it's tougher and better made than my facials, shouldn't be too difficult.....
    2wd Slash VXL, 2wd Slash 9t , E Maxx 2200kv ,Trx4

RC Qualifier
    Lets see something traxxas. We're all waiting. I've got $$$ now and holding on buying anything till I see the new scaler. Can't wait to see some reviews once it comes out from people on the forum's here and others that do reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    Lets see something traxxas. We're all waiting. I've got $$$ now and holding on buying anything till I see the new scaler. Can't wait to see some reviews once it comes out from people on the forum's here and others that do reviews.
    Agreed. My current SCX10 II will gladly get knocked off the shelf for one.

RC poster
    Hoping your possible release date is more realistic than what Mike was saying when he brought it by the lhs here last week. They were saying they were shooting for late summer. Really sucks that I had to miss seeing the prototype because I had date night with the wife. Once in a lifetime opportunity but the wife was happy.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast