Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC poster

Available To Order: Mar 1, 2018

According to amain site
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...rawler/p630375

Last edited by dave00bear; 03-31-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

Please see the disclaimers on that page.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Please see the disclaimers on that page.
    Exactly!

NOTE: Information at this time is limited, and purely speculation. We will update the product page when Traxxas gives us information, pricing and an arrival date

I had that in my first post, but then edited it for the screen shot, and must have erased it.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

This waiting is killing me...
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

RC Racer
    I know it is killing me too. I held off on buying the new scx10 ii for this new Traxxas truck.

Quote Originally Posted by JustynKace View Post
    I know it is killing me too. I held off on buying the new scx10 ii for this new Traxxas truck.
    I already have an SCX10 II, and I've held off modding it further to save up for this truck.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Qualifier
    I'm with you all. I've got money now and waiting to spend it on a new truck. Problem is for me something seems to always pop up on some emergency and the money gets spent. So I'm excited to see this thing but I want to see some real reviews and posts on this truck before buying it. I might just give up and spend the money so another truck and put this new scaler on my waiting list. But the second I buy something else than a week later traxxas will release it. Just how my luck goes. Really wish traxxas would give us a release date and not just surprise us all.

Our Traxxas rep stopped by my LHS earlier today, and I got to see the new Ford GT 4Tec 2.0, and the new Fiesta Rally in person, both of which looked and felt really nice. The level of detail on the GT is crazy. But that's not why I'm here.

Not only did we get to chat about the upcoming scaler, I got to first hand see a bunch of new pictures of it that haven't been seen outside of Traxxas dealers, and I got to see a list of all the features and specs on it. I can't really say too much since it's all kinda confidential at the moment, but I can say that everything that has been talked about so far is completely fact now; 1.9 tires, 3s capable, metal links, two speed trans, locking diffs, etc. I was told that they are planning on releasing said new pictures and info in the next few coming weeks.

And no, they didn't say what it was named. I asked, and I was told that it's not officially named as of right now.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 04-11-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Nice! Did you get to drive either of em?

How are you getting all this inside access?? I'm jealous.
    "Gone racing"

Quote Originally Posted by SlashMaxx4x4 View Post
    Nice! Did you get to drive either of em?

How are you getting all this inside access?? I'm jealous.
    I got to drive the Fiesta, but besides the new look, it drove just like the old Rally VXL did, but a bit slower. The GT was a pre production car, so I didn't get a chance to drive that one.

Well I guess you can say being obsessed with Traxxas for 8 years and working at your LHS for 4 years has it's perks. I know quite a few people at Traxxas by name, and I'm good friends with my LHS's Traxxas rep too. Honestly though, It's just knowing the right people.

Nice, still, a little slower is fine, because I'm pretty sure if any one of us gets a hold of one, its gonna have a new motor system in it in less than a month.

Well, congrats. And thanks for keeping us posted.
    "Gone racing"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I was told that they are planning on releasing new pictures and info in the next few coming weeks.
    Nice!! Thanks for the update.

RC Qualifier
    Hey wolfslash16, did the traxxas rep and you talk about the size of this thing? Is it something compared to a scx10 or larger?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    Hey wolfslash16, did the traxxas rep and you talk about the size of this thing? Is it something compared to a scx10 or larger?
    Yes, it's 1.9, normal width. He didn't say what the length was, but the rear bumper has quite a bit of overhang. He said that they're shooting for the size of "traditional" scalers.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 04-14-2017 at 09:14 PM.

RC Qualifier
    That's good to hear. I caved in and couldn't wait for the traxxas scaler to come out so I purchased a new kit of something else. Afraid the money was going to get spent like it usually does around our house for emergency stuff, kids stuff or other important thinks. So hopefully I cam come up with more money again this year for another rc, lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Hey guys, I just got off the phone with Traxxas, and they told me a bunch on info info regarding the upcoming Traxxas Scale truck, and I figured I'd share the news.

From what I was told they're shooting for releasing it the first week of May, with a price point around the Slash 4x4, so betwen $450-$500. He did confirm it's using Summit diff lockers in it. Also, they confirmed that it's a true 1/10 size, that will have an adjustable wheelbase on it, which he said would allow all the curret scaler bodies to fit on it, along with numours other parts. The tires are in fact 1.9 size, not 2.2 like people were saying. He said the pictures of it only make it look huge because of the body on it, but he said it's the same size as the Axial SCX10 II. The XL-5 pictured in it is not a normal XL-5, he said it will have drag brake and "other" new crawler features on it. He also told me that Traxxas dealers are now able to pre order them, so check with your LHS to see if they'll have any coming.

I can't wait to get my hands on one!
    I ant holding my breath on this one.... I am already highly disappointed in the new 4-Tech 2.0 I pre-ordered & paid in full for my 4-Tec back in Feb waited all March to find out it ant coming out until Mid May... Not happy I was going to put the money on the TRAXXAS Dragster but I did not want to do that to my HS owners since they where nice enough to order me 1 so I just wait for it come in stock

Quote Originally Posted by grave75 View Post
    I ant holding my breath on this one.... I am already highly disappointed in the new 4-Tech 2.0 I pre-ordered & paid in full for my 4-Tec back in Feb waited all March to find out it ant coming out until Mid May... Not happy I was going to put the money on the TRAXXAS Dragster but I did not want to do that to my HS owners since they where nice enough to order me 1 so I just wait for it come in stock
    I would not blame Traxxas for the 4-Tec delay, RC makers across the board have been in a terrible bind the last couple of months. Several of the factories that make the RC parts have been closed down and they have had to scramble to find new manufacturing plants.

Assuming the photos are real, and given how much the Interweb had blown up over them, I would say this project is still in R&D, but will be released. I think Traxxas leaked the photos themselves, just to gage interest in them making a scaler. JMHO...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    I do believe they are building the hype. They said towards end of summer when they had it here last month. I think that was still wishfull thinking but later is still better than never. I'm ready for one.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I would not blame Traxxas for the 4-Tec delay, RC makers across the board have been in a terrible bind the last couple of months. Several of the factories that make the RC parts have been closed down and they have had to scramble to find new manufacturing plants.

Assuming the photos are real, and given how much the Interweb had blown up over them, I would say this project is still in R&D, but will be released. I think Traxxas leaked the photos themselves, just to gage interest in them making a scaler. JMHO...
    I think with Axial facing inventory problems and HPI's FJ scaler still nowhere in sight, Traxxas saw it as a great opportunity to get their skin in the game without having to have anything for sale yet. I think it was a smart play.

Soo.. what happened to it? I heard nothing about the Traxxas 1/10 Scale Truck. I only knew about the two cars. I've been on the Traxxas Site almost every day and haven't seen anything about the scale crawler. Any updates when its going to be released Wolf? xD
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

RC poster
    Traxxas had an update with some pictures of a first production unit and said they are planning on a May release to select hobby shops.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Why isn't the battery mounted further forward?

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

Not Sure.. Usually you want more weight in the front.
    First upgrade though would be getting rid of that Titan motor. -__- That ain't going to get anybody far. I would probably replace it with a *coughaxialcough* motor. Mostly because they are made for crawling and Titans are not.

I will probably throw a sensored brushless in. I'm excited to get one and see how it compares to axial trucks. It will be my first trail rig too

Do you have an Axial Truck? I've heard their trucks are really good. But all Crawler Trucks need more weight in the front.

I dont own an axial. But we have them at work.

SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    I dont own an axial. But we have them at work.

Ahh, Cool. You work at a LHS?

Yep. Almost 6 months now

Can we get this moved into the new TRX-4 forum?

And if you're feeling nice, change TRX scaler to TRX-4 in the title?

RC Qualifier
    I don't know my thoughts on TRAXXAS new Crawler yet & Not completely sold on it either Looks ( Too Much like the Stampede's little brother ) To me....

Quote Originally Posted by grave75 View Post
    I don't know my thoughts on TRAXXAS new Crawler yet & Not completely sold on it either Looks ( Too Much like the Stampede's little brother ) To me....
    Are you refering it looking like the Teton? I'm sorry, but I don't see any simulaites?

+1 with Wolf.

TRX-4 is a completely different platform than anything Traxxas has released before.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

RC Competitor
    They build there first straight axels in there History!
    Y.T. =Bachkrabbler, ka4172 , Crawlervideo

RC poster
    Just got to see smell and touch it. I'd post pics but can't ?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    That last bit's a tough one, lol. Is it anything like West New York?
    You live in west New York?

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod87 View Post
    Just got to see smell and touch it. I'd post pics but can't ?
    Can't like your not allowed or just don't know how?
    Kalispell, MT what a beautiful place.

RC poster
    Didn't know how. Now I realize I need to use photobucket. I just need to get them uploaded then ill post some. Yes it is beautiful up here but you can't eat the scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod87 View Post
    Didn't know how. Now I realize I need to use photobucket. I just need to get them uploaded then ill post some. Yes it is beautiful up here but you can't eat the scenery.
    LOL "eat the scenery" Yeah probably not a good idea...
    I use picturetrail.com but I do most of my posting from PC not my phone. It does have an option for mobile upload though.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast