RC Racer

Lightbulb Painting 7611X TETON Body with Pro Graphix

My stock body was tore up as the front came apart, I side swiped a concrete pillar splitting the side, and a kid had previously fallen on it. I wanted something fairly easy to do so I bought the 7611X with Pro Graphix and it was only a couple bucks more than empty body and 7611X was in stock. This kit has the graphix already on the body which is the exact same as if you bought a stock TETON but it allows you to pick your own color. You paint your selected color on the inside. The outside has a protective plastic clear coat that you peel off when done painting. I picked Fluorescent Green paint for Polycarbonate to stand out and semi-match my green rims, Tamiya code PS-28 which is a premium price. The first 3 pics are 7611X before paint, 3rd pic is inside view. You need to wash it with soap and water, then rinse and dry with lint free cloth, no sanding necessary, dry. I put some masking tape on the outside along the edges were the clear protective coat was peeling a bit. I put about 3-4 coats of the Fluorescent Green, waiting about 30-40 minutes between coats. I was happy with the color but it was a bit see through, so I went on-line and they said for the Fluorescent paint to really pop you must put a few coats of white at the end. I took a piece of white paper and put it in behind and noticed a good difference, so I bought White Tamiya code PS-1 and put a few coats on so I could not see stripes or Green paint from the inside. This is a smelly job and it smelled all day. I originally painted it it the sairway of my apartment building as overspray not a concern here. I then put body in bathroom with exhaust fan on all day. The paint turned out great. You can remove overspray on outside of body with lacquer thinner and a Q-Tip after removing the protective plastic film if necessary. The paint costs as much as the body! Next day I put decals on, changing the location and not putting the side or rear window decals on, as body and side windows is already black. I put on the front window but like the black side windows and stripes on rear window. I moved the TETON decal so you can see more of stripes and removed the top part of it.. I removed the "Powered By" wording in front of TRAXXAS to reveal more stripes.

Last edited by BigAL12; 03-04-2017 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Lacquer Thinner
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

RC Racer

Red face 2 More Pics Mounted

2 more pics, 1 from side complete with bumpers and 1 from front.

🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

The fluorescent green looks way better than the stock green

RC Racer
    That is pretty cool, nice work

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
    Slash Vxl
    Vintage Rustler