RC Qualifier

Vintage Traxxas Hawk 2 BL w/ Lights

Recently upgraded my Hawk 2 with BL system, bearing all around, custom tire insert foams, shock rebuild, lights and light bar. The lights are hooked up to their own power source two 9v batteries, I will be posting a vid soon this thing shreds 😆

Burn it...

RC Qualifier

Burn it...

RC Champion
    Very Cool! Its so nice to see one that still has the correct body.

Now I'm wishing that I could afford to get my Hawk2 running again. But I'll have to settle for taking my Bullet2 creation out and thrashing it again.
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MOPAR MARV View Post
    Very Cool! Its so nice to see one that still has the correct body.

Now I'm wishing that I could afford to get my Hawk2 running again. But I'll have to settle for taking my Bullet2 creation out and thrashing it again.

thanks bro appreciate it, always wanted a bullet 2 now im gona start hunting lol
    Burn it...

Nice man! Love the box art paint scheme! TBG body or OEM? Great to see some vintage use.
    Brings back so many memories of all the Hawk & Hawk2's I have owned.

Hope you dont mind me posting a few pics in your thread of some of my past Hawks

My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by GmoneyGrip View Post
    thanks bro appreciate it, always wanted a bullet 2 now im gona start hunting lol

Not hunting required,just take a Bullet chassis and steering and add all the rest of the parts from a Hawk2 and there ya go.

I figured that since Traxxas didn't make one and I had a few extra parts, why not, lol! But I cheated and got rid of the sideways battery mount system and hacked the battery compartment off of an old damaged Hawk chassis so I can runs 7 cell hump packs. It drives great too, no evil bump-steer like the Hawk and Hawk2.

RC Enthusiast
    Marv, did you change up the Bullet steering?
    I finally got sick of all the slop in mine, and changed my steering setup, more like an Eagle.

RC Enthusiast
    Gmoney, did you drill your body for the lights, or did you install behind them?
    Ok, I realize that is a dumb question..., lol

RC Champion
    No sir, It still has all of the Bullet steering components, except for the outer turnbuckles. I just installed new bushings and slightly longer outer turnbuckles and it is rock solid now.

If you watch the tires on the Hawk/Hawk2/Rad/Rad2 front end as it goes through the full top to bottom travel, you will notice the alignment changes quite considerably but with the Bullet/Blue Eagle steering components, the alignment does not change much at all.

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=dave00bear;6364395]

thanks man i appreciate it, its oem body actually its the original body i love painting my cars to match the box art especially if they're vintage restored box art all the way
    Last edited by GmoneyGrip; 03-12-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MOPAR MARV View Post
    Not hunting required,just take a Bullet chassis and steering and add all the rest of the parts from a Hawk2 and there ya go.

I figured that since Traxxas didn't make one and I had a few extra parts, why not, lol! But I cheated and got rid of the sideways battery mount system and hacked the battery compartment off of an old damaged Hawk chassis so I can runs 7 cell hump packs. It drives great too, no evil bump-steer like the Hawk and Hawk2.
    cool thanks for the heads up
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by neohavock View Post
    Gmoney, did you drill your body for the lights, or did you install behind them?
    Ok, I realize that is a dumb question..., lol
    used a body reamer to make the holes for the lights, and after they were installed i also hot glue them to make sure they dont come out
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Because of PhotoBucket all of Our Build Threads have been ruined they should be ashamed of themselves Hy-jacking our photos and then ask for $500 to get them back SMH... So I Built a Website that has all my Builds on there whoever wants to see the pictures please click on the link below!

https://theworldoftraxxas.shutterfly.com/
    Burn it...