RC poster

Traxxas Bullet transmission parts?

Are there any sources for replacement transmission gears for the Bullet transmissions? As an alternative it looks like I might be able swap it out for a modern Bandit/Rustler transmission. Anyone know if that might work?

RC Qualifier
    Can you check to see if the bullet transmission uses the same gears as the eagle? If so, the rustler gears will fit.

RC Racer
    The Bullet uses the same trans as the original TRX-T Eagle. The 272 Magnum that the Rustler continues to use was what came out with the Blue Eagle conversion for the original Eagle and the subsequent Blue Eagle, Blue Eagle LS, and SRT kits. IIRC, the bullet has a large main diff gear with a brass top gear and some external gears. I have a couple sets of the external gears if you want them. (FOR FREE). I would need to check some part numbers to make sure that's what I have though.

Mark

The mounting pattern might be different for the trans cases between the Rustler / Bandit and the Bullet. Might not be worth all that drilling, etc. I know when I slapped the 272 in my Eagle way BITD, it came with a drilling template. I can't remember if it was just for the motor guard holes or the trans case itself and the motor guard.
    Last edited by TRX1-3; 08-09-2017 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Additional information

RC poster

This is what I have. along side a junk rustler transmission for comparison. The 4 mounting holes line up perfectly. The control arms would be moved out a couple millimeters and I would have to come up with something for the camber suspension links and shock tower to mount to as they are integrated into the Bullet transmission. I have a Bandit (same trans as the Rustler) that I want to make some upgrades to the transmission and then use the left over parts with a few purchased parts to put a Bandit/Rustler transmission into this old Bullet. I was going to keep the bullet transmission. My only concern with it right now is that the one exterior gear is in rough shape. Since I cant find an exploded diagram and parts, I'm leaning toward building a more modern transmission. I have not had the transmission apart so I have no idea of the condition of the internal gears.

Mark, Your offer of several sets of external gears is very tempting. It would save me a lot of work coming up with something for suspension mounts built into the Bullet transmission. Let me know if what you have looks like the gears on what I have here.

RC Enthusiast
    I'll try and make a Traxxas TRX-10 Bullet Manual PDF tomorrow from my original.
    I only have the Parts list & TRX-10 Bullet Graphite Chassis manuals in PDF at the moment.

RC poster
    Thank you neohavock!

RC Enthusiast

RC Enthusiast
    Also here is a list of alt trans parts
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/aa5z215v9o...0list.pdf?dl=0

RC Enthusiast
    did the links work?

RC poster
    Yes they did. Thank You!