Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    RC Competitor
    In the meantime....

Since I haven't been able to play with my Slash, I've been doing a little painting. (Idle hands, right?)

Looking at those headlight buckets, I had a BRILLIANT idea....

Stay Tuned....

Thanks For Sharing it and pictures were awesome ....

RC Competitor
    My headlight fabrication project....

RC Racer
    Red Rocket 2.0 is ready to hit the strip. Sold the other car and missed it so I built another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jason02ws6 View Post
    Red Rocket 2.0 is ready to hit the strip. Sold the other car and missed it so I built another.

Did you sell the WHOLE car, or just the body? That is a NICE-looking car. I really DO like the '69 Nova.

Have you been racing any?

We lost our drag-race spot :-(

RC Competitor
    By the way....

The flashlights I used are from Harbor Freight. Two of them I've had for several years (the LED clusters). When I decided to put lights on my drag-car, I got 4 more since they were having a 30% off sale for the weekend.

Going to go ahead & use the last 2 flashlights for the taillights.

RC Competitor

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by LowcntryBashers View Post
    Did you sell the WHOLE car, or just the body? That is a NICE-looking car. I really DO like the '69 Nova.

Have you been racing any?

We lost our drag-race spot :-(
    Sold the whole car. Was anticipating the associated dr10 being released but when it got delayed I built another slash and decided to replicate the one I sold. I haven’t raced yet, just some test passes.

RC Enthusiast

Can you post a pic with the body off?

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Finally got around to mounting my body. Got some serious suspension work to do. I'm searching for some tires and rims now

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier

This is awesome. Would you mind providing details of the build?

RC poster

I think that looks awesome

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    So I have stampede rpm arms on now. If I use slash arms and jc startec wheels, can I fit them under this body? The protec ft arms and rims already fit. It's just the rear I need to narrow.

RC Racer
    Does anyone run a short course shell on their drag wagon? I’m thinking the body would be slammable with the right suspension adjustments.

RC Qualifier
    I'd like to build a drag car now. I'm wondering which is easier. Build a drag car from a Slash or a Bandit? Thoughts? Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Use a bandit with a Slash LCG kit to get the right wheelbase.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    Use a bandit with a Slash LCG kit to get the right wheelbase.

Thanks. I'll get the PL adjustable body mounts too.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    So I have stampede rpm arms on now. If I use slash arms and jc startec wheels, can I fit them under this body? The protec ft arms and rims already fit. It's just the rear I need to narrow.
    Here is my version of that same body. I have ALL Slash arms (front & Rear). If you use rims that are listed as being made for LOSI (LOSI offset), they will fit under that body, GUARANTEED.

Same car with 17mm wheels on Slash arms.

Sweet. I'm going another route now. Since I'm not gonna compete and just want a street rod, I've done some work to fit 2.8 stampede rims under the body with street tires that I had lying around. I narrowed the front slash arms, and installed bandit rear arms. The rims are front offset 2.8 all stars, and surprisingly everything fits under the body. The rear fits perfect with about a half inch clearance to the body, the front is tight(about 2mm)at 0° camber. I'm gonna use more narrow hex and 1° camber up front it should just fit. I did try the rear offset all stars up front and they are a perfect fit with the narrowed slash ft arms. I'd like to keep the ft and rear offsets the same for tire rotation, so I'm gonna try that first. Here is a pic of my narrowed ft arms.

Those arms are narrowed about 6mm

RC Competitor
    Our NEW race spot!

RC Qualifier
    Questions. If I get a Bandit with an LCG chassis...

1) Will these bodies fit?

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...clear-body.asp

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/1966-...i-nova-v2-body

2) Will 2.2/3.0 PL beadlock wheels with Street Fighter tires fit in the rear and front? Or only in the rear?

3) If 2.2/3.0 with Street Fighters won't fit on the front. What are my options for front wheels and tires? Are there any beadlock wheels that fit the front?

4) What does the 2.2 and 3.0 mean when referring to wheel sizes?

Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Pro-Line makes Slash front offset beadloc wheels and rear Slash beadloc/4x4 Slash wheels (they're the same part #) The 2.2 refers to the outer o.d. of the rim in inches and the 3.0 is the inner o.d.of the rim in inches.

RC Qualifier
    And the streetfighters will work/fit front and rear

Not on the bandit front suspension they won't. You will need slash front c blocks,bearing carriers, stub axles, lower arms, steering links and upper links.

The bandit ft rims don't use a hex, but a pin. The drag rim sets you see, come with the pin style rims. That's why u use bandit ft suspension.

If your going to use stock width slash suspension, and SC rims, the proline body is wider than the JC bodies. It should fit the wide stance better. Just get the narrowest offset SC rims.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry, I'm confused. Instead of a Bandit, if I want to use my stock Slash 2wd are there any muscle car bodies that will fit it? Such as the ProLine Nova body? And can I use the ProLine beadlock 2.2/3.0 wheels with Street Fighter tires with a muscle car body?

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to fit the PL Nova body on my existing Slash or get a Bandit eventually.

RC Qualifier
    I bought Bandit front and rear suspension parts including front hubs, spindles, axles and hexes and rear bearing carriers, Integy Bandit axles and a Slash LCG chassis kit. Had some stock Slash towers, body mounts and Pro-Line Powerstroke shocks. I used the Pro-Line drag wheels and tires. I haven't tried standard sct wheels on the front but since the front axles have 12mm hexes i could try putting some on. The body I used is the Protoform C7 Corvette pro mod style.

RC Qualifier
    How wide does the inside of the front and rear of a body need to be to fit on a Slash with 2.2/3.0 wheels?

This '55 Chevy body is 11.25" wide front and 12.00" wide rear. Will it fit on a Slash with 2.2/3.0 wheels with adjustable body mounts or do you need all the Bandit parts?

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/1955-...liminator-body

RC Qualifier
    I'll measure my two cars tomorrow and let you know. I have a Henry J bodied car besides the Corvette. They both are narrower than the standard Slash. I have two RJ Speed cars too but they are completely different, much shorter and narrower. The Henry J and Corvette bodies dwarf them.

I think if u use all rear offset, or slash4x4 offset rims, you should be able to tuck them in. You can also get the narrow pede rear hexes to narrow a bit more. I would use aluminum in that size in rear.

On left is stock slash hex. RT is the pede rear hex.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    I'll measure my two cars tomorrow and let you know. I have a Henry J bodied car besides the Corvette. They both are narrower than the standard Slash. I have two RJ Speed cars too but they are completely different, much shorter and narrower. The Henry J and Corvette bodies dwarf them.

Any luck measuring?

RC Qualifier
    Sorry for the delay. With the suspension at normal ride height (control arms parallel with the ground) it measures 10.5" at the widest point on the outside of the tire. This is on both cars. One uses JConcepts wheels/tires and the other Pro-Line wheels/tires.

Front drag tires, or short course rims?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Front drag tires, or short course rims?

ProLine 2.2/3.0 with Street Fighter tires.

Sorry was asking dgechrgr469. I think his measurements are with the skinny drag tires and bandit arms, a slash w SC rims will be wider.

RC Qualifier
    The measurements i gave are the rear and those are the drag specific wheels/tires. Dimensionally the two brands are the same offset. Let me look rear quick and see what the fronts measure. They are also drag specific wheels/tires.. I have some 2.2" Pro-Line Faultlines with M4 Prime tires i want to try on the rear too but haven't got to it.

RC Qualifier
    The front tire width to the outside is the same as the rear, 10.5"

I know, we need to know how wide the op's different front end is, without drag tires and bandit suspension to find if it will fit under the Nova body

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678