Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    So this looks like the setup I will try first. Still need to make braces from in front of the motor, up and over the motor to the rear tower. I have some chuckworks chassis material that should be perfect....

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Allright then. Looks like your running shocks in rear and links up front? Guessing the rear shocks springs and oil are pretty heavy. Any suggestions on where to start on oil and springs? I have the option to use front big bores in back, and just mod the rear tower to fit them....
    I use links all around. Not sure what'll work for you because we run on sugar water and foams with traction. If it stays off the wheelie wheels it'll launch straight. I also play with the slipper to help with the launches. I hope to get some video for you when we get out there the next time.

Your setup is getting there!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I may not need a wheelie bar with this. But if i do, are there any commervially avail kits?

Im thinking i will need a little rear weight transfer to help it dig in with the mid motor. Gonna try shocks in rear. Gonna limit the travel.
    Last edited by rag6; 11-07-2017 at 07:50 AM.

RC Competitor
    You're probably right that you won't need a wheelie wheel. I only use it to keep it from flipping over. I currently use the Traxxas one but bought the RC Reaper. You may have to custom because of your rear mount.

The rear mount fits stock bumpers.... And is mote solid than stock setup

The cw mount has spacers and screws to mount stock bumpers...

RC Competitor
    Can't wait for you to get it done. I'm in limbo until I can get some test time.

RC poster

Question!

How did you set up your front tires? We have the Traxxas Funny Car front tires but they keep falling off. Looking for solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    I post images on imgur.com and than link them here.

I use bandit rear a-arms, axles, camber links to tuck the funny car wheels inside the slash mustang body.

gearing I listed was for brushless

another shot.

132feet in 3.2 seconds 40ish mph

RC Competitor
    I used the front axle from the Rustler (3637) and drilled a hole in the steering block so I could screw in a locking screw so the axle wouldn't spin when you tighten the lock nut. Don't remember if I had to shim to take up slack.

Lol got an xmaxx and won't be spending too much time on it next few weeks trying to get as much pre winter running as I can w that beast

RC Competitor
    OMG! You will have fun! Watched the Traxxas guys fly the XMaxx at the LV NHRA race and it took a beating. They were just launching and landing then they did a launch, float, FORWARD SPIN, and land it! Pretty cool. I'm in limbo too unfortunately. Maybe I need a play car too. Have fun!

Oh it def takes a beating, and the best driveline traxxas has ever made. It loves to fly thats for sure.

Where can i find the trx drag tires? Ebay searched and cant find 1 set.

RC Competitor
    Amazon has them from a couple of sellers. Traxxas has changed how they handle dealers and feels they can handle distribution better so now is doing Traxxas Direct.

Got my power system planned out. Fits like a glove. Lots of forward weight. I may actually have to hang weight off the the rear mount...

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Rag6...Any updates? I'm still trying to find the motor and gearing to run. I'm currently using the CC4600 4pole at 58/22. From 21 to 22 I picked up .05 to the 6' so seems to like the gearing. I need to mod the motor mount to go bigger next. Still was faster with the 6900 and 5700 so hopefully it's just gearing.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post

I'm going to try to get the rear of the body to sit a little lower. It's a little to high.
    Is that an Oldsmobile body? If so where did you get it, I want one too.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

RC Competitor
    https://parmapse.shptron.com/c/rc-tr...-course-bodies or where ever you can get Parma products.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    I post images on imgur.com and than link them here.

I use bandit rear a-arms, axles, camber links to tuck the funny car wheels inside the slash mustang body.

gearing I listed was for brushless

another shot.

132feet in 3.2 seconds 40ish mph

I know this is a older thread but I was hoping to get some info on exactly what you did on the front end to get the funny car wheels to work? I have the back all figured out.

RC Competitor
    Sorry to revive this but No Prep has gotten big here. I've been running mine but always been on a prepped track with foams. What's going on in your areas? I know it's big with the RCDRL races with their Street Eliminator class and JConcepts Nova and soon to come Mustang 5.0 body.

You can check out 808 No Prep RCz on Facebook
    Last edited by rskoncepts808; 07-23-2018 at 02:38 PM.

RC poster
    All are very nice rides! I'm wanting to build a traxxas slash drag car too! I just ordered the Parma 1971 Baja muscle body, it's a 1971 Dodge Demon. I'm looking for an LCG slash rolling chassis so I can keep the traxxas slash I have as an off road Baja. I just have a few questions. First, is there a set of shorter shocks that will work? The problem is I'm quadriplegic so I cannot use my hands and I don't have much help to take the shocks apart to install limiters. I'm hoping to buy a rolling chassis, bandit rear arms camber links and axles, shocks, wheels and tires, an ESC and motor and whatever else I need so I can send it to a good friend of mine and have him assemble it for me.

Back to the questions, would you guys recommend the traxxas funny car rear wheels/tires or proline prime tires on 2.2 wheels? Would it be better to also run the bandit suspension arms in the front? Or does it matter on the front?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :-)

RC Competitor
    Hey stik, sorry so late.
    I used the front shocks on the back and rods on the front. That will lower the rear without much work. The rods you'll need to determine with what ride height you want. A lot of guys did the bandit conversion with the slash lcg chassis. I went with the slash chassis and changed to the lcg chassis because... I prefer sc tires/wheels because it has less growth than 2.2s. And with the Parma body, the slash arms fill it better. The bandit front arms are slightly more narrow than the slash arms so it'll pull the tire more inward and doesn't look that nice. Plus I like a wider front width for better stability. If you want to use 2.2s then the bandit rear arms are better. We also belt (guerrilla tape) the tire. If you're running lower power then the funny car tires are okay. They're too hard and the car is too light for adding a lot of power. Hope that helps.

RC Competitor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rskoncepts808 View Post

Beautiful!!

RC Competitor
    Thanks Gripdog! Not running good yet. Trying 3s and not finding the right combo. We run no-prep 1/8 on rubber so it's quite a challenge. But that's my drive to get it done.

RC poster
    Has anyone ever tried build a drag rig out of armma granite 2wd blx chassis? Would it be considered a good drag chassis to start out with or does one needs a slash? I know it stupid to post it here but there seems to be a lot of drag experts on this forum compared to else where. Forgive me for my ignorance.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by yp.sebastian View Post
    Has anyone ever tried build a drag rig out of armma granite 2wd blx chassis? Would it be considered a good drag chassis to start out with or does one needs a slash? I know it stupid to post it here but there seems to be a lot of drag experts on this forum compared to else where. Forgive me for my ignorance.

Yes I have use Armma Granite 2wd it not the strongest chassis, gear box weak but chassis is light. Stock blx works very good!

RC poster
    @Busaxx thanks! I couldn't agree more with on the weak granite transmission! Thus I had decided to go through the slash 2wd lcg route with bandit rear arms to accommodate the proline octane body and hoosier tires and wheels. But dilemma as seen in the attached photo is the slash I purchazed from rcmart, even though it was mentioned as LCG both on the reciept and at store the thing showed up as seen n not as required for drag built. So do I need to purchase the lcg conversion kit or is there some other ways to make this drag. build possible.
    Any advice and help will be appreciated.
    Anyone as this will be my very first drag or sc related build.
    Thanks!

RC Competitor
    Man!

All this talk about Slash-to-Dragster conversion has got me converting my Slash (peer pressure, sheesh).

"No prep" rc drag racing is getting pretty big down here in the southeast.

Stay tuned with updates/pics.

RC Competitor

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    beautiful!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by yp.sebastian View Post
    @Busaxx thanks! I couldn't agree more with on the weak granite transmission! Thus I had decided to go through the slash 2wd lcg route with bandit rear arms to accommodate the proline octane body and hoosier tires and wheels. But dilemma as seen in the attached photo is the slash I purchazed from rcmart, even though it was mentioned as LCG both on the reciept and at store the thing showed up as seen n not as required for drag built. So do I need to purchase the lcg conversion kit or is there some other ways to make this drag. build possible.
    Any advice and help will be appreciated.
    Anyone as this will be my very first drag or sc related build.
    Thanks!

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Is there a way to make the HCG slash hook up well and work as a
    Dragster ? Perhaps a gasser style type thing ?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by stik View Post
    All are very nice rides! I'm wanting to build a traxxas slash drag car too! I just ordered the Parma 1971 Baja muscle body, it's a 1971 Dodge Demon. I'm looking for an LCG slash rolling chassis so I can keep the traxxas slash I have as an off road Baja. I just have a few questions. First, is there a set of shorter shocks that will work? The problem is I'm quadriplegic so I cannot use my hands and I don't have much help to take the shocks apart to install limiters. I'm hoping to buy a rolling chassis, bandit rear arms camber links and axles, shocks, wheels and tires, an ESC and motor and whatever else I need so I can send it to a good friend of mine and have him assemble it for me.

Back to the questions, would you guys recommend the traxxas funny car rear wheels/tires or proline prime tires on 2.2 wheels? Would it be better to also run the bandit suspension arms in the front? Or does it matter on the front?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :-)
    @stik
    Using zip ties/cable ties on your suspension is the fastest/easiest way to lower your ride for speed runs. Then, just remove/cut them to revert your ride for racing/bashing. I do this quite often. Often enough that I got some reusable cable ties from Harbor Freight. They have a special tab that allows you to release the cable tie so you can re-adjust/reuse them instead of cutting them.

RC Competitor
    So, in starting to convert my slash to a dragster...

I found some old wheels that went to my Redcat Tornado that I can use for the front of my 'street eliminator" build. They were REALLY ragedy, so I decided to freshen them up with some black paint.

I masked off the tires first. It's hard to tell in the picture.
    Last edited by LowcntryBashers; 12-19-2019 at 05:24 PM. Reason: needs more info

RC Qualifier
    Looking good so far . I’ve liked all you other builds so far. I’m sure this one will not disappoint

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    Looking good so far . I’ve liked all you other builds so far. I’m sure this one will not disappoint
    Thanks for the vote of confidence (no pressure, right). I am just doing this for fun, so NOT trying to go all out on it.

RC Competitor
    I know that people around the inter-webs are replacing their A-arms with those from the bandit for these dragster conversions. After thinking about it, I figured that I'd have to replace the drive shafts, turn-buckles, & my suspension geometry would change (because of the shorter lower arms).

No thank you!

In an effort to save/keep my money, I found some old pre-mounts I bought off of someone (before I knew better) a long time ago when I first got into the hobby. These went to an associated sct that didn't use 12mm hex hubs (for either the front or rear, not sure). I never used them, so they were brand new. They have Jconcepts 'bar codes" mounted on them.

Since I won't be using the hex hubs, these wheels narrow the rear stance quite a bit from the standard traxxas offset rims.

RC Competitor
    Examples of the difference in track width by changing only the wheels while keeping the Slash A-arms....

Standard Width

New, Narrower Width

Cost: $0.00 (sweet!)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LowcntryBashers View Post
    Examples of the difference in track width by changing only the wheels while keeping the Slash A-arms....

Standard Width

New, Narrower Width

Cost: $0.00 (sweet!)
    That’s quite a bit narrower. How did you mount those pin drive wheels ? Just bolt wm right up to the hex drive pins, or what ?

RC Competitor
    @DakRatFink
    Yes, I removed the plastic hex hubs, then mounted the wheels lining them up with the drive pin on the stub axle.

I am VERY satisfied with the results for the time & cost savings.

RC Competitor
    So our 'Street Eliminator' group met for the first time the other day to see how everybody's dragster build is coming along so far. I was excited to both see what others are doing & show what I had so far. I was quickly informed that I had "illegal" suspension in the front.

WHAAAAAT!?

Here's what they say is illegal (according to our local class rules)....

Apparently, we have to have shocks on all four corners.

Well..... me being the smart a** that I am, I came back the next day sporting these on the front.

After I pointed out what I did, they started throwing around names like "cheater".

Man, It's a good thing I'm not sensitive or my feeling might have been hurt.

If I hadn't pointed it out to them, nobody would have noticed that they weren't actually shocks.

I DID eventually built some shocks for the front. It took a lot of work to get them the way I wanted, but here they are....

stay tuned....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast