RC poster

Summit doesn't work anymore

So are traxxas electronics supposed to completely f#@$ up after 6 months? My summit won't run anymore. Steering won't turn, the motor jerks the truck forward then completely stops while the receiver light blinks red and green and then goes out, all the servos are buzzing and the high/low servo moves all on it's own. WHAT A JOKE. I spent $800 in Canada on my summit and what am I supposed to do now? It's completely screwed.

RC poster
    Probably have to reprogram radio and esc.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    That sucks, I can definitely relate as I have had bad luck with Traxxas electronics as well. The first time was when I plugged a 3S into my Slash 4x4 OBA TSM after I had driven it and just recharged the battery, and began to put the body on. In those 6 seconds, the ESC went up in smoke. I bought a new one, and then when I was driving in snow, the motor would lock the tires up when I let off the throttle, which meant my motor somehow got cooked with light driving on 3S in snow, on a 20F day.

Try unplugging all the servos just remember where they all go. See if the light stays a solid green. If it does then plug them in one by one. Might want to turn it off each time you plug one in. I read that from a post a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    The Little 2065 servos are known to be weak. Probably one or 2 has burned up and causing your issues.

Traxxas support line can also help you diagnose the issues

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
    Likely your best bet.

With all of your symptoms, most likely it is a problem with your TX/RX. Try the following...
    - Check the batteries in the radio. (saw a guy last week having similar issues at the LHS, fresh TX cells fixed his issues)
    - Check your RX, make sure everything is plugged in and seated. Verify everything is plugged in to the correct channels.
    - Check the RX antenna, make sure it has not been damaged. Has it come loose in the RX box? If so, you might have pulled the antenna wires off of the PCB.
    - Have you rerouted any wiring (servos or lights) around the antenna.
    - Check the voltage coming from the ESC's BEC.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
    The Little 2065 servos are known to be weak. Probably one or 2 has burned up and causing your issues.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I have heard this too . It's worth a shot .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Ya I unplugged the servos and everything is normal. One servo is bad, backfeedig signals into my receiver causing chaos. I took the servo off my Stampede and plugged it in and everything is normal again. I'm glad it's running again. Thx.