RC poster

Question Will 2.8" Stadium Truck Tires Fit on the Slash VXL?

I prefer the look of a lower profile tire on a bigger wheel vs a smaller wheel and more sidewall.

All the pre-mounted tires listed on this page are 4" tall and 2.0" wide, but they don't show compatibility with the Slash.

http://www.duratrax.com/tires/2-8stadiumtruck.html

Is the front and rear wheel offset of the Slash the same as the 2WD Rustler? / Can I just order the front and rear pre-mounted tires for a 2WD Rustler and simply bolt them on?

Would there be any rubbing issues, since these tires are slightly wider than stock? The stock tires are a bit skinnier at 1.7" wide and a bit taller at 4.3" tall.

Thanks!
    Last edited by papadonkey; 03-05-2017 at 08:39 PM.

RC Competitor

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Thanks for sharing! That is interesting what you did there. From the rear view photo, it looks like you have plenty of clearance for the width of those tires not to rub the shocks.

So the rear specific wheels for a Rustler do fit on a 2WD Slash.

Can anyone confirm if the front specific/wheels for a Rustler would also fit on a Slash? or should you also run the rear specific Rustlers wheels up front on the Slash?
    Last edited by papadonkey; 03-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post

that's a nice looking rig!

RC Competitor
    Hey everyone. I'm new here and I am looking for a good street set up for the slash 2wd. Tires wheels and any set up to help resolve the front end "push" when I turn. Have a set of proline street fighters on rpm revolvers but I haven't run them yet due to the crappy weather here in dirty jersey

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior3815 View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm new here and I am looking for a good street set up for the slash 2wd. Tires wheels and any set up to help resolve the front end "push" when I turn. Have a set of proline street fighters on rpm revolvers but I haven't run them yet due to the crappy weather here in dirty jersey
    You might want to start your own thread, this one hasn"t been active for two years.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    when you put 2.8 wheel/tire on the vxl slash, do you have to do a lot of cutting to make it fit

You shouldnt need to cut at all
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I've raised the body up if there's any clearance issues. I have had to trim the bottom edge of the wheel openings for wheel/tires with more offset.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk