RC poster

v1 Xmaxx traction issues

idk how you 8s guys are able to put any power down but finally got a good chance to play around with my xmaxx for the first time this weekend. Currently running a v1 xmaxx with a hobbywing max6 esc on 6s and 18/50 gearing and doesnt matter on any surface it just wants to sit on the rear bumper. currently running 50wt oil in the shocks and 50k in both the front and rear diffs. what do you guys do to try and lose some straight line grip? dont really like the wheelie bars and more interested in keeping the front tires on the ground anyways to put power down.

RC Competitor
    I installed the traxxas 1.55 springs all around. It makes the truck handle a lot better on pavement, grass and mild off road bashing. I've never traction rolled it and unintentional wheelies are kept to a minimum. Keep in mind i'm running stock V2 ESC and 18/54 gearing.

The Tbone racing wheelie bar is (IMO) better than stock traxxas one. It Keeps the front end lower and a lot more controllable when I do pull it up on its rear tires. But, the trade off is the Tbone is bigger and looks rather ugly. The Stock bar allows the front end to rise too high/flip and the rear wheels tend to "penguin walk" (wobble side to side on each rear tire) too much.
    He who dies with the most toys, wins.

RC Qualifier
    What Is your punch control set to? What is your driving surface? And a big thing Is just practice and get used to the amout of power your truck has you don't need to mash the throttle as much. Also your geared more for torque so if you pull to fast it'll wheelie instantly.
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

RC poster
    thought moving to this gearing was more for top speed. punch level is at the factory setting which is 4 iirc. surface varries from asphalt, grass, and clay.

RC Qualifier
    Factory should be 3, go down to 1 and see how you like that.
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

RC Competitor
    check the suspension pins in the rear and make sure you are in the top hole. Like holmes I run the stiffest springs traxxas makes and run 100. the ride height spinners are really only used for me as a leveling factor for the jumps. too tight in the rear and you will nose bone all day and vice a versa. but if the rear is dragging check your fluid level and when you build the shocks leave more extended when you crank down the top. but most is done in the spring.