RC Qualifier

Charger question

So I sold my bike and I've been doing a lot of research and watching videos because I want to buy a xmaxx and I'm ready to pull the trigger, The battery choice I want to go with is the smc 9000mah 3s you are supposed to charge the lipos at 1c which comes to 9amps for a 9000mah is this correct? My charger is the venom produo I love it. But highest charge rate I can go is 7 per battery. Is it safe to charge such a large battery at a lower rate like that or do I need to either get smaller battery's or upgrade my charger witch would be a shame sense mine is only 6 months old. It kinda comes down to price if it cost more to buy a new charger than it will to just buy more battery's with lower mah than I'll just buy smaller battery's and vise versa. Some say a slower charge is better for battery some say you have to stick to factory charging requirements witch is 1c .

What chargers do you guys use?

I'm use to 30min ish to 45min run times with my stampede/Slash/Rally.
    Bash it,Break it,Fix it,Rinse And Repeat

RC Racer
    Slower is fine. As long as you aren't trying to use a balance lead charger (the kind that tops out at 200ma) you can charge large packs fine. The only stipulation about 1C is to not charge over that number, even then it's not really true for all packs as some support 2C, 3C and 5C rates.

RC Qualifier
    Throwing me threw a loop there"Balance lead charger"????? My venom pro duo has the charger lead and than a separate balance board that the small balance cord connects into. I have 3smc battery's already and in the instructions it says charge at atleast 1c that's why I had a concern. I can't with the current charger..

I guess I should ask the question" what size packs are you guys running and what kinda time are you getting ? "
    I drive all my rc cars like I stole them so it's full throttle most of the time. Is 9000mah over kill .
    Bash it,Break it,Fix it,Rinse And Repeat

RC Racer
    Run whatever size you can fit. By 200ma charger I was referring to those $5 ones that do everything via the balance leads and take forever:

I can't find much charge info on SMC's website but I'd imagine they meant "at most" 1C charge rate which is what a lot of the Chinese-branded batteries recommend. You shouldn't run into any charge completion errors unless you fall below 1/2 C.

I'm running 8000mah 4S packs (8S config) and getting roughly 45 minutes play time per charge. I can charge at up to 3C (24A) so my downtime is very little. But most of the time 45 minutes is plenty for me so I quit and let the packs charge at 1C.