Thread: Steerig mod?

RC Competitor

Question Steerig mod?

I have the Savx servo and its great but is there anyway to mod the steering so the truck would turn better like a longer servo arm or a adjustable servo linkage?

The steering angle is limited. When can't reach the maximum steering angle by using your servo, you might be able to change the end points of the servo.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Competitor
    How could i change the end points of the servo? Also the the spineline is 21t on the savx servo i think there is no info on svxe's page about that servo. And if it is 21t is there any aluminum servo arms for 21t?

RC Champion
    Any futaba servo horn will work, but I would check your radios manual and make sure the steering dual rate it end point is not turned down first. Mine has plenty of steering.
    Dacaur

RC Competitor
    So every 25t servo arms works? Yea i noticed that the servo turns very litle i need to change the radio settings but with a longer servo horn there would be even more steering.

RC Competitor
    How do i get full steering from my servo? I reseted my controller and tried to chance the servo end points but i cant trun the servo where i want the end points to be and the servo has no load. I run my lights right from the receiver like on the big Summit but that should not effect the servo like that right?

RC Champion
    No the lights shouldn't affect it.Either the servo end points turned up all the way, the wheels should turn lock to lock n problem. Either the servo is defective, or your endpoints are set wrong, or, most likley, your dual rates are turned down.
    Dacaur

RC Competitor
    Tried the dual expo thing didnt work. Servo should not be defective. Cant set way points all the way for the full lock.