RC poster

Son-Uva Digger brushless help.

Hi guys,
    New around here but not to the hobby although it's been a while and i don't have much knowledge about brushless systems.
    I just want opinions on this brushless setup for a Son Uva Digger i picked up, the original esc and motor weren't working but i have a Speed Passion Reventon R set with a 17.5R motor that i was bought with the idea of racing a few years back,(didn't eventuate after some spinal surgery) I also recently bought a ***** 5200 mah 30c-40c lipo.

What i want to know is some suggestions for pinion sizes (spur is 90T 48P) that would work with this combo ?
    Do i need to replace the spur to a steel one ?
    Should i buy steel pinions ?
    Or any other helpful info.

I bought a few other items to upgrade this little beast like alloy shock caps, RPM front bumper, camber links and bearings.

Cheers laughingboy.

seel drivehafts if you dont have tem already and a steel spur would be a good investment to

RC poster
    Cheers mate.

I put the VXL brushless setup in my Bigfoot. I'm running a 21t pinion and 86t spur. Doing very well with that setup. Still enough torque to pop wheelies on command and a decent amount of top speed.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks Wheeliez76, i think i'll just grab a bunch of pinions try a few things with a temp gun in hand.
    It'll only be on 2s as that's all the esc can handle and i don't want it to be crazy fast just yet, i think i just wanted to know i was headed in the right direction and who knows i might learn something...lol.

Cheers