RC poster

Rustler VXL Receiver Disconnecting

Hey guys, I'm new to Traxxas, haven't had an RC since the 80's with a Tamiya Hornet. Got this one for the kids to use at a vacation house upstate NY, so using mostly off road. Unfortunately, I've had nothing but problems with Traxxas so far. I got a Rustler VXL, first one had charger and battery problems, sent back to Amazon. Second one I received with the shocks all open, everything covered in oil, sent back to Amazon. on my third now, had some stuttering issues, got the Glitch Buster which seemed to fix that.

Now, after running for a few minutes the truck stops responding. When opening, the receiver has a red light (I don'r remember if it's flashing or solid and won't know until I go back up there) and the truck needs to be shut off, then on again to reconnect. We're not going out of range, not really going that far at all and sometimes it happens within a few yards of where we're standing. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

RC Enthusiast
    Transmitter batteries need replacing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I thought they were new, but if that's all it is, that would be great. I'll give it a try...thanks for the quick reply

RC Enthusiast
    I had problems with both my slash and rustler transmitter/recievers that were similar. Basically it seemed like the range cut off at 15 feet. In both cases i just swapped them out with a cheap trans/receiver set and no problems since. Both were fairly recent purchases too, in case its a batch problem or something.