Thread: Props

RC poster

Props

Has anyone run an CNC 442 prop with the stock flex cable and collet? how did it work out if you have? Or would it be better to upgrade to the 3/16 setup first?

Just upgraded the motor with an Leopard 4082 1600kv and have a Seaking 180a ESC on the way. The motor I have installed already and it runs nice and smooth.

RC Racer

Thumbs up

You should go ahead and upgrade to a 3/16 cable. The best way to do that is remove the Teflon liner and either drill or replace the strut.

RC Competitor
    Kinetic racing has a kit with cable/shaft/strut for the m41. you also need the plastic piece that holds the brass shaft in place. they sell that too.

RC poster
    I've upgraded the flex to the 3/16 setup... now just need to find the right prop for speed runs only.

RC Racer
    OCTURA M447 is a good speed prop. Also X452 but only make a pass or two and then pull it in and check it.

RC poster
    Anyone know best prop set up. Also changing the stock esc to a hobby wing 180 and a Leopard motor, also solid wire system

Quote Originally Posted by ntruder View Post
    Has anyone run an CNC 442 prop with the stock flex cable and collet? how did it work out if you have? Or would it be better to upgrade to the 3/16 setup first?

Just upgraded the motor with an Leopard 4082 1600kv and have a Seaking 180a ESC on the way. The motor I have installed already and it runs nice and smooth.
    How's this set up compared to stock?
    Last edited by Double G; 07-11-2017 at 09:15 PM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    Where is the plastic piece? That broke off my shaft and I use tape when I run the boat because if I don't, the water pushes in and shoots all the grease out of the shaft into the boat and dries it out fast. Was thinking going to the hardware store to just find some plastic tubing to cut and make small pieces.

RC poster
    Kintech racing is no longer active unfortunately. I have a stock setup and ordered all of my dual cooling stuff from RC Boat Blitz, but the Aussies may take longer to ship! However, I broke a plastic prop and then another. Amazon doesn't yet have these same day, but my local hobby shop had a locally made 42mm 1.4 pitch prop and it seems to work fine without the shaft upgrade. Just remember, if you push it hard you are more likely to break something. If you upgrade the prop you have removed the weak link from the plastic prop to the smaller drive shaft.. I've had two runs now without issues though on the stock one. Worst case, you break your stock shaft and have to wait for the Aussies to send you the upgraded one!