Thread: Bec

RC Racer

Bec

Never seemed to need a BEC on my other cars but this erbe , I think might. Running on 6s with the lightbar off it was fine. The body was also off to adjust the slipper. When I brought it in to put the body on, I connected the light bar and turned it on. No steering. Switched it off, steering. Only one servo. I ran with the lights off and it ran great although the steering seems erratic on locked right or left turns. Wider turns on left steering. BEC ? Hate to put more stuff under there though. Your thoughts please. Thanks. Oh, I run a Castle 1515 not the Traxxas motor. Using the stock Traxxas/Castle esc.

RC Racer
    Yep, sounds like internal BEC is overloaded. Adding a capacitor to the BEC circuit helps with the steering drop out sometimes, but the lightbar draw is constant and may require the larger external BEC.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUSCrunch View Post
    Yep, sounds like internal BEC is overloaded. Adding a capacitor to the BEC circuit helps with the steering drop out sometimes, but the lightbar draw is constant and may require the larger external BEC.
    Any thoughts on an external bec to get? And thanks for the info and for taking the time to reply.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper34 View Post
    Any thoughts on an external bec to get? And thanks for the info and for taking the time to reply.
    I see a lot of people using the Castle BEC's without issue.

This one's pretty cool; http://www.castlecreations.com/en/cc...or-010-0153-00

There's cheaper ones too. Almost any hobby shop should have them. Don't exceed 6v to the traxxas receiver, it may get damaged.

RC Racer
    I appreciate all your input. Thank you.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper34 View Post
    I appreciate all your input. Thank you.
    You're welcome. Hope it helps.