Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RC Qualifier

Did the motor issue...

Get resolved? Im after an Aton, considering going to buy one from my LHS Tomorrow.... Im cramming in my research tonight but Im seeing a lot of motor issues, admittedly from older 2014 threads.

Has there been an update/upgrade since? Will my 2017 model be different?

Thanks

After about six months or so the motors were changed a little where there were no holes in the can on top.

IMHO, the reason many motors burned up was because people were trying to power their way out of trees or move the Alias away from stationary objects. As long as you power down before you crash the motors have a decent life. Even aftermarket motors advertise they have around five hours of life.

For the price, the Alias can't be beat in terms of reliability and performance.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Excellent, just need to Research Quadcopters in general to make sure im gonna use it...

RC Qualifier
    Aton or Alias ? your post above says Aton

RC Qualifier
    Sorry meant Alias

We fly the snot out ours, only had two burned up motors, but those were due to landing in a tree and spinning the props to get it to fall farther for retreaval.

The other sets just worn out from a ton of flight hours, we put a lot of packs through ours and normally replace them in the 6-8 hour of flight time area.

All brushed motors have a finite life span, and will have to be replaced when they ware out, but they last as long as you don't try to power out of obsticals/brush/tall grass.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Enthusiast
    My alias has a built in shut off that stops the motor from powering if the blades are interrupted.

What was the issue with the motors? The holes on the top or lack there of?
    Last edited by Double G; 04-27-2017 at 07:24 PM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    If the Alias came with brushless motors it would be the ultimate front yard basher. I really like my Aton but let's be real it's a tank which makes it fairly loud and could do some damage if you hit a parked car or something.

I started with the Alias and never had a motor issue until they all just got week after tons of flights. I then started replacing them and had nothing but problems with motors after that and gave up on it. I would love to have that same basic package with a little bit more powerful and definitely more reliable motors.