RC Champion

Has durability been addressed?

I almost bought a 6s Xmaxx but from a few guys i know that own one had issues from ESC to diffs.

I hear the diffs may be beefed up but are they actually holding up? is the new ESC lasting?

I'm curious as i have many hobbies and i have 2 very modified Emaxx and Erevo and if the XMaxx is still having issues i'll wait until mid to late summer and purchase a new camera lens now as i've been wanting a new one for some time now.

RC Competitor
    The consensus here seems to be that the 8s drivetrain is solid, no issues with diffs or spur gears blowing up. Several ESC failures noted but it seems to be limited to "just a few" and not widespread.
    He who dies with the most toys, wins.

I think I addressed durability with my "100 huge x-maxx jumps" video. lol.
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 0dark3rt View Post
    The consensus here seems to be that the 8s drivetrain is solid, no issues with diffs or spur gears blowing up. Several ESC failures noted but it seems to be limited to "just a few" and not widespread.
    Thanks.. I'm hoping the esc issue was just one bad run... I'm in Canada so it's going to cost me $1200 for an RC truck.. I don't want to end up with some silly esc issues... warranty can be a pain sending the esc to Texas... if I get the summer out of it I'd be happy and probably put an aftermarket esc in if the stock did fail.

I like my ERBE but I don't want anymore RCs that eat diffs daily. Although the last replacement has a few hours on it👌👌👌

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Traxxas is pretty easy to deal with up here. Just shipping times are a little slow. They sent me a replacement drive shaft free of charge even tho i was at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    I almost bought a 6s Xmaxx but from a few guys i know that own one had issues from ESC to diffs.

I hear the diffs may be beefed up but are they actually holding up? is the new ESC lasting?

I'm curious as i have many hobbies and i have 2 very modified Emaxx and Erevo and if the XMaxx is still having issues i'll wait until mid to late summer and purchase a new camera lens now as i've been wanting a new one for some time now.
    I have one of the first few 6s X-Maxx's, the serial number is below 130 actually. Having seen and been through everything that the 6s X-Maxx is, and working at my hobby shop with the X-Maxx 8s's, the new 8s ones are much better. Traxxas addressed tons of little issues, from rims cracking, to the rear body getting mashed in, to the wheelie bar, etc.

So yes, IMHO, it's much more refined.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    I think I addressed durability with my "100 huge x-maxx jumps" video. lol.
    I've launched my ERBE off our dirt bike freestyle jumps... 9' tall 25' long... with 80' gap... never broke a part.

Yet climb a sand hill and the front diff blows. I've twisted off a few of the steel cvds aswell

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I have one of the first few 6s X-Maxx's, the serial number is below 130 actually. Having seen and been through everything that the 6s X-Maxx is, and working at my hobby shop with the X-Maxx 8s's, the new 8s ones are much better. Traxxas addressed tons of little issues, from rims cracking, to the rear body getting mashed in, to the wheelie bar, etc.

So yes, IMHO, it's much more refined.
    That's good to hear!! The little things that go wrong are what causes the most grief... if I crash and break an a arm that's just nature of the hobby..

RC Competitor
    The 8s has been rock solid for me.

RC poster
    Had no repairs yet. Everything has been beefed up even the body. Tires are very solid too, feel like they are belted

RC poster
    My XMAXX has been solid. Broke the front end from my own carelessness.

Drivetrain & ESC have been working great. XMaxx V1+ (Powerup kit)
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

RC Competitor
    my esc went thermal after 5 runs , got my stuff back from traxxas and put the 46 tooth spur in and got 3 runs up and down my paved driveway before it exploded and took out the pinion too.

RC Champion

Got it. Just waiting on my SMC 4s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post

Got it. Just waiting on my SMC 4s

Nice. Barely fits it your car. You're gonna have a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Im so glad to read what i have read on here. I personally have only broken an a-arm and a shock on my v1 but i ran it into a colvert at about 30mph. But now that i have heard so much good about the v2 i wish i never got the v1. I could have 2 of them but i live in a motorhome on the road for work and they take up SOOOOOOO much room.
    If it still moves, it aint broke enough!

RC Competitor
    I've been reading comments about the Power-Up Kit and the new 8s X-Maxx for a while now and decided that it's worth getting the power-up kit for my V1 X-Maxx to improve reliability. However, the Power-Up kit is STILL unavailable in Australia! All I get from the Australian distributor (after multiple emails) is "it should be available in a couple of weeks" - but I'm still waiting. Is Australia the only country that doesn't have the Power-Up Kit yet?

Marty