Thread: That was fun..

RC Champion

That was fun..

Decided to get the summit out for the first time in probably a year and go play in the snow and slush. First run drown the lipo alarm so that run was cut short thinking the battery's were dead.. Next run the little one played for about 1/2 hour and then dad decided to have fun. High speed, 50+lbs of snow/slush, and lipo powered against the stock 775 = Lots of smoke.. Now the part that sucks is i always have a new motor in the tool box... Its no ware to be found, all the other parts i bought that day are still sitting their except the one i need? LOL

I guess you just got lucky. but glad to here you got the summit out again.
    SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

RC Competitor
    To fix the motor issue, I would HIGHLY suggest a castle system. If you want the most power, I would get the Mamba monster 2 2200kv, or the Sidewinder 8th, as this would be a cheaper option. Either choice would eliminate the need for your LVD alarms, as both esc's have it built in. I would not recommend using more then 4s though.

I personally run the MM2 on 4s in my Summit. I have the esc limited to 80% power, via castle link. This feels like enough power in high gear and low. Limiting the power also lowers the chance of messing up the diffs.

If you want a cheeper opotion the Sidewinder 8th is a good set up. It is a direct fit (so is the MM2) has the same power as the MM2. I run it in the slash 4x4 and would suggest it in a Summit.

IF you have any other questions feel free to ask!

RC Champion
    I'm just going to hold with a dewalt... don't have the spare cash laying around for a bl setup...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Glad to see you back in action even though it was short lived..lol Your Summit was one of the reasons I got one!
    "Same Dirt...Different Shirt."

RC Champion
    Well thanks... glad to hear I inspired someone....

RC Champion
    Well after having no luck finding a 12 or 14v dewalt locally someone gave me a deal on a 18v that I could not refuse. Figured I could at least run it till I find what I'm looking for.. well to my surprise the dewalt and the traxxas look identical even 80-90% of the part numbers match including the manufacturer stamp. The shaft is a hair short but enough I can get the setscrèw to bite.. just tossed the lipos in off storage charge to give it a test. Well I found that snow weight helped do some additional damage. Bent suspension Rod, broke ball socket on steering servo, something messed up with my alum servo saver as its activating turning one way... and this is all at first glance..lol.. motor seems to have way more torque at first it's slipping the slipper for a good 15 - 20 feet where before I had it set to slip for about a foot and catch... seems a little slower at top end but with all the issues and slipper I don't think it's getting a fair shot on the top end.. but the 18v is a good alternative to a stock traxxas as I can find them all over for under $10

RC Champion
    Wow not sure what I glued the one tire on with. After several applications of clue remover and 2 bake cycles in the oven I was only able to remove part of one bead before tearing

RC Champion
    well patience has paied off.. scored 2 14v drills today and if i want i can go back and get the other 4. The seller was not even going to take money from me but told him i would not leave without giving him something so he took the $20 we agreed on when i thought i was just picking up 1 drill..

RC Champion
    Motor is all in. Made a spacer out of alum to get everything to line up. Now just wait for the battery's to charge and go see what I can brake