RC poster

Question Upgraded Motor??

I've burden through 1 motor already and 1 servo and the "A Frame thing or the hop up. Anyway want to get a new upgraded motor maybe brushless and want to run a 2s Lipo any recommendations?

i keep mine stock if you end up staying stock put a piece of tape over the hole in the stock motor it will last longer if you do
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger

RC Enthusiast
    I like to upgrade the motor last, after I have discovered which parts tend to break easily. Beef up the suspension, steering, and differentials before adding the power.

Quote Originally Posted by steakman4 View Post
    I like to upgrade the motor last, after I have discovered which parts tend to break easily. Beef up the suspension, steering, and differentials before adding the power.
    ive really beat the life out of my sst and the only thing i have broken is the spur gear ive never had trouble with shocks on my 2wd stampede, 4x4hgc slash ,and of course the sst so what usually are you doing that breaks the shocks?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by broitsseth View Post
    so what usually are you doing that breaks the shocks?
    The SST is our first and only one so far. We bash hard with big jumps, which sometimes results in big collisions. We go to the city park and jump it off the stage and walls seen here: https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1017...8i4352!6m1!1e1

We will be ready for the brushless upgrade soon enough.

oh that explains i've never really liked the idea of jumping because i always land ether on my side or upside down

RC poster
    So what i did to break the " A frame" is i was going full speed and hit a concrete wall then the thing was smashed in half but i got a replacement.

RC Champion
    That's the beauty of these, they are so inexpensive to repair and replacement parts are readily available. I love jumping and that park looks like fun! I always carry A-arms, knuckles, C-hubs and some miscellaneous screws, washers and nuts along with couple tools to fix my truck when I run.

RC Racer
    I bought two 370 motors from @bay for $8.00 each. They are red, with ball bearings on the motor shaft (still brushed) The motor RPM no load is 50,000. These are going to surpass the stock 370 motor. The can can't be disassembled but price and performance will out weigh all that.

RC Racer
    Update, this motor hauls *****. My Prerunner does 30 MPH on stock pinion. Now see how long the brushes last.

I recommend a Hobbywing quickrun brushless system because I'm running it and so far I've had no problems except for the motor getting really hot when I'm driving in the summer. When I put a fan on the motor was fine, and the brushless system is about 55$ which is even cheaper than buying a new stock system. I run mine on 2s and it goes a really good speed. It's fast, but no so fast that you can't control it. When I tried running 3s, it went so fast that the front wheels would lift off the ground and the driveshaft snapped before I even hit full throttle! So never run 3s. And, do you mean A arm which is a suspension arm? If so, never get aluminum because I bent them almost right away and switched back to plastic.
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.