RC poster

Used Summit for 270 USD, worth buying it?

I just found a used summit, the old tqi 2.4 remote with no lipo cutoff that looks a bit rough (only mild scratches under chassis) but without any issues. The package include Trencher X all around, all 4 stock tires as well, 2 5000mah 45c lipos included, IMAXb6AC charger, car stand and 3 painted bodies (1 without the exo cage) all for $350 AUD which is around $270 USD. The owner also stated its apparently 2 months old.

I'm wondering if this is a fair deal, and would I easily be able to resell it later if I have to?
    Cheers guys.
    Last edited by HighOnSk1ttles; 03-16-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Its older than 2 months BUT any running summit less than $300 is a steal in my book. Especially if it has lipos and a charger
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    Sounds fishy to me to start with. $270 for all that, and no lipo cut out for only being two months old. The new summits come stock with a lipo cutout. Makes me think he's got other electronics stuffed in the summit and since he's using a older remote too. And its expected to be beat up more or less. Sounds like a truck that was thrown together with spare parts laying around. Is this something you found online or some local classifieds? I'd personally would want to see this in person before laying down the money for it.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    Its older than 2 months BUT any running summit less than $300 is a steal in my book. Especially if it has lipos and a charger
    Ohh sounds good! thanks for the quick response

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    Sounds fishy to me to start with. $270 for all that, and no lipo cut out for only being two months old. The new summits come stock with a lipo cutout. Makes me think he's got other electronics stuffed in the summit and since he's using a older remote too. And its expected to be beat up more or less. Sounds like a truck that was thrown together with spare parts laying around. Is this something you found online or some local classifieds? I'd personally would want to see this in person before laying down the money for it.
    The electronics are standard. Its just the older model summit (solid colour and older 2.4 remote). Found it out local, going to check it out later.

RC Qualifier
    I've got the newest updated summit and have had it for about four months and I know the newest release has been out for a while. So its got to be older than two months especially if the body is a solid color. Who ever is selling this summit to me seems to be dishonest. i can't imagine any online or lhs selling a old summit like this.

RC poster
    Picture of it here:

RC poster
    I've got the newest updated summit and have had it for about four months and I know the newest release has been out for a while. So its got to be older than two months especially if the body is a solid color. Who ever is selling this summit to me seems to be dishonest. i can't imagine any online or lhs selling a old summit like this.
    Yeah it may be old but it's cheap. The risk may be worth it. Tough one to decide.

RC Qualifier
    From the looks of it, its definitely a older model, which means its older two months old like the sellers tell you. Other than that I'd say if it runs good and everything seems ok its probably worth that I guess. Maybe see if you can talk them down on the price a bit. Least your going to go check it out in person. Hopefully its what you expected when you go check it out.

RC poster
    From the looks of it, its definitely a older model, which means its older two months old like the sellers tell you. Other than that I'd say if it runs good and everything seems ok its probably worth that I guess. Maybe see if you can talk them down on the price a bit. Least your going to go check it out in person. Hopefully its what you expected when you go check it out.
    Yeah hopefully it works out. Thanks for helping

RC Champion
    It's at least 3 to 4 years old... I've had mine for about that time and the changed from the solid body and added the rx with lipo cut off just before I got mine...
    Still a good deal for a summit

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk