RC poster

Exclamation Problems with Traxxas xo-1 esc Help Fast

I just drove my xo-1 first time for this year today. And worked fine till the second I brought it inside the steering servo locked up I couldnt turn it. Then I turned it off and then turned it back on and it stuttered the sound was in and out on the beeps. Then the motor still moved but the steering servo still locked up. So I did it again and tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't. And it won't turn on it turns on ever so often if I mess with it. Does anyone know what to do? And what is it? I need to know asap!

RC Competitor
    I generally start with a refresh of sorts. Remove batteries from car and controller. I unplug each wire and reconnect. Make sure batteries are fresh. Turn on controller and then turn on car.

RC poster
    It worked then I waited 15 min and started it up then won't turn on again. Idk it's a pain I've been trying to figure it out for 5 hours

RC Competitor
    Did you get anything figured out?

RC poster
    Turned out to be a faulty switch for the esc. At least it wasn't expensive��, thanks for the help

RC Champion
    Castle makes really nice stuff, but their ESC slider switches are a terrible choice to use in RC. As soon as a slider switch gets slightly dirty they quit working. They are a very cost effective switch, but they aren't worth a darn for RC. What you want is a mini toggle switch like what I have pictured below. This switch is a way better choice and is way more reliable than a slider switch.

The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    My switch was 7$ which is ok for a first but I didn't know that they go out all the time which is cost effective. That's pretty dumb if they get a little dirty they don't work. I'm gonna look into a switch like you have.

RC poster

Problems with Traxxas xo 1 esc Help Fast

You have hit the mark. It seems to me it is excellent thought. I agree with you.

RC Champion
    Here is the picture of my SPST ON/OFF switch again. Sorry, about Photobucket swiping the first one.

RC Qualifier
    I haven't had any problems with my ESC switch since I have my XO-1

RC Champion
    You are very lucky.