RC poster

Telluride with slash suspension

I have a telluride I swapped to slash control arms, toe and camber bars. Have a severe rear toe issue, ideas? Will post pics soon.

RC Qualifier
    If you have too much toe in and adjusting the links doesn't work, swap the bearing carriers. Put the left on the right, and the right on the left

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    If you have too much toe in and adjusting the links doesn't work, swap the bearing carriers. Put the left on the right, and the right on the left

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    This only works if you have the aluminium rear axle carriers #1952X/A. The stock plastic carriers #1952 does not have any toe. The 2.5 toe-in on the rear is built into the bulk head.
    The aluminium carriers are labeled L and R and will provide additional 1.5 toe-in when mounted as labeled. When interchanged (that is L on the right side and R on the left side) they will subtract 1.5 of toe-in from the stock 2.5.

Summed up (with Slash 4x4 A-arms #3655X):
    The stock plastic carriers #1952: 2.5 toe-in.
    Traxxas #1952X/A aluminium carriers: 1 or 4 toe-in.

According to the Telluride manual the rear toe-in with the stock A-arms is 1.5. However, when I swapped to the aluminium carriers I still have approx. 1 of toe-in. So it doesn't seem correct that the stock toe-in is only 1.5. Since both the Telluride and the HCG Slash 4x4 has the same bulk head, it's "preset" to 2.5 toe-in. I believed that the Telluride A-arms removed 1 of toe-in, but it doesn't seem to be the case (?).
    Last edited by Viking; 03-19-2017 at 03:26 AM.

RC poster
    I found the perfect fix, if I can figure out how to put pics on here it would be great. But what I did is put c blocks and hubs on the rear, took and OE toe bar from the front attached it to the bottom of where it would hook up on the spindle and then drilled a small hole into the control arm to mount the other end of the toe bar

RC Qualifier
    Interesting fix!
    But will the geometry stay fixed during suspension travel? The camber link changes the angle on the c-blocks and thus the angle of the steering blocks (bump steer).
    Anyway, give us feedback on how it holds up. I'll guess you may experience some slop developing after a little abuse...
    Last edited by Viking; 03-20-2017 at 01:15 PM.

RC poster
    Very little bit of toe with suspension travel, less than I had without anyways. All I did was set proper toe with the suspension compressed as if it were under load. Trying to find out how to post pics on here

RC Qualifier
    Picture posting tutorial:
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...sting-Tutorial

From forum member ksb51rl:
    "So long as the photo is taken in landscape mode, the forum will resize it down to the maximum allowable size. No additional effort on the member's part is required.
    If you use the Tapatalk app on a mobile device, you can insert photos through that too."

RC poster
    http://s346.photobucket.com/user/Ash...g.html?filters[user]=146306038&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

RC Enthusiast
    I had a similar thought on my stampede and experimented a little with it. I mounted the links to the rear bumper mount but the plastic ended up breaking. Those look like RPM arms and knowing that plastic has a bit more give, it might hold up better.

My thread is here,
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...le-rear-toe-in

Definitely let us know how your solution holds up.