RC poster

Telluride Scale Look

I'm trying to make my Telluride an "RC Scale" truck.
    What are the best bodies to put on a Telluride to give it a more realistic look?

Traxxas Employee
    Proline Wrangler Rubicon

RC poster
    yeah the JK is only body I found easily that fit nice, I was going to try the pro-line ram reg cab but never got ahold of one in person to look at and didnt want to put out the cash if it didnt fit.

At first I was going to run team associate wheels (most backspacing I could find) with rc4wd dirt digger tires but I thought the tires looked too wide for scale truck. Please excuse the haze on body, I tried masking the outside of the body to do the bedliner details and it left a horrible residue and then using a sticker remover hazed the plastic.

This is with axial exo front wheels/tires all around (34mm wide instead of 41mm I believe) , also has proline bumpers and using proline body mount nuts as wheel nuts with small O-ring in between wheel and nut.

Here is shot from front/back for width idea with exo wheels.

I was going to switch to bandit vxl A-arms to narrow the track width even more but I had a buddy wanting to get into hobby so I made the truck into a slash 4x4 for him since he wanted a short course style truck. Here is a pic of A-arms Bandit/Telluride/Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Hmmmmm, you're giving ideas, that's never good, especially when my wallet catches wind of it.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC poster
    I know that feeling. Honestly if it wasnt for the fact that the exo tires came already glued on rims I probably would have just ran them on the team assoc. wheels since they have good bit more backspacing, I had even narrowed the wheels with plans to try that but in end I was scared of damaging the tires trying to get them off rims and didnt have $ for a new set if I did so I chickened out.

RC Champion
    I've got the Proline ProTrac extra shallow offset SCT Beadlocks on mine to pull in the track width some and add some weight to the wheels. Also used their now discontinued M3 compound Trenchers SCT and HPI's soft sct foam inserts with those wheels to at least get some sidewall flex out of them. This is my post for the wheel and tire swap from my build thread for my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
    Finally got the last pair of beadlocks in and assembled then mounted everything straight out of the bags!

First thing Dad noticed when he saw it was the lack of width, so I showed him this pic, where the beadlocks are mounted on the left side and the OEMs are still on the left.

Then did a couple flex shots, lost a a bit with the shallow offset, and the reinforcement webbing catches on the front of the caster block too, nothing serious at least though.

Then when I got home after work, I colored in the lugnuts with the silver Sharpie I used on the Bug Body for my Fiesta

Plus a couple more table top glamor shots

Oh, and I also used some of the flat black lacquer from the Bug body to black out/anti-glare the hood bulge too

Now what's left to.do?

I still have to get the Brushed Pede 4x4 diffs (far better gear ratio over stock, would be even if this was a 1/1 rig!) and will be building whole new assemblies with the 500k oil in them, not sure what's going to come of the OEM assemblies after the parts are swapped just yet since I don't have any of the other 4x4 trucks in my fleet. I also have a couple pairs of HPI's soft SCT foams on order too, should work much better at crawling than the standard Proline SCT foams do. Another plus of running those beadlocks is that with the way they're designed, I should be able to weight them with lead and still not have them be noticeable until you break the wheel and tire back down!
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en