RC Qualifier

Just got the 411 on the 4 Tec 2.0

Hello everyone.... I stopped by my HS to inquire again about when the 4 Tec 2.0 is coming out... My HS owner said she still has not gotten NO word from either TRAXXAS or her Supply warehouses on the date the 4 Tec is coming out..... She said @ this point with only little over 2 weeks left in March she doubts the 4 Tec will be in by end of March at this rate & said I should expect the car sometime in April now....

Do any of you guys got a better target date this car is to hit Hobby Shops.....
    I tried to look on Tower Hobbies but it just says will ship when STOCK becomes available End of March.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well like stated In your other thread...No forum member can give you an exact date. It's the same with all Traxxas releases. A projected timeframe is given then all of a sudden they start shipping. Even hobby shops are out of the loop on when Traxxas plans on shipping from the warehouses.

I'm eager as you but I've been thru this before. it's just a waiting game.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Well like stated In your other thread...No forum member can give you an exact date. It's the same with all Traxxas releases. A projected timeframe is given then all of a sudden they start shipping. Even hobby shops are out of the loop on when Traxxas plans on shipping from the warehouses.

I'm eager as you but I've been thru this before. it's just a waiting game.
    YES I know I was in the same situation with the X-MAXX I pre-paid for my X-MAXX before it came out & had to wait for more to come into STOCK my Hobby shop was to get 5 X-MAXX's in only 3 Shipped from the warehouses SO I got the short end of the stick on that ( I was to get MAXX #4 because I was the 4th person to pre-order a MAXX ) so I had to wait until more MAXX's came into STOCK from the warehouses my wait was 6 weeks before I got my X-MAXX But I was glad I had to wait because I got an X-MAXX where TRAXXAS already corrected the battery wire issue so I had the new stuff installed already..... I just don't know why it's so hard they set a Month it is coming out & between everyone involved no one knows an exact date its coming out. They market the Car / Truck have teaser videos ECT & get every one's hopes up & than it's hurry up & wait... That's the only bummer part to me ( But it is what it is ) I still cant wait to GET the 4 Tec 2.0 when ever they do come into STOCK & SHIP OUT from warehouses
    Last edited by grave75; 03-23-2017 at 05:01 AM.

RC Competitor
    Customs is most likely the holdup, Not Traxxas or their warehouse.
    I'm betting Traxxas would like to get these to their customers on time to avoid PR like this thread.

Talked to the owner of my LHS today, his distributor told him to expect delivery around 8 April.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Talked to the owner of my LHS today, his distributor told him to expect delivery around 8 April.
    My HS owner called me over this weekend & told me the Car is scheduled to ship from her distributor 2nd weekend in April. & She expects to have the car IN-STOCK @ the HS by April 12th. & She is going to call me once the UPS or Fed-EX truck drops them off @ the HS I want to get my car Same Day... Even if I have to work a half day LOL...

Looks like Tower Hobbies has it listed now as early May
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunner007 View Post
    Looks like Tower Hobbies has it listed now as early May
    Typical... But no surprising.

I know there are a couple of major RC makers that are in crisis right now because of their plants being shut down, I wonder if this is having an impact on the release date...

RC Qualifier
    am i crazy, or did the price go up on the traxxas site? i thought it was just under 300, now it says 309. i might be crazy though....

RC Competitor
    Early May?!

RC Champion
    I can deal with early May, gives me more time to put money away for one.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post
    am i crazy, or did the price go up on the traxxas site? i thought it was just under 300, now it says 309. i might be crazy though....
    Traxxas always up-prices their models, Tower still says $289. More importantly, I paid $289 when I pre-ordered mine.

RC Qualifier
    I went to my local hobby shop and he called traxxas.they told him they hope it comes out in May they had a meeting today and he said they talked about when it will come out.alot of factory's are closed down I heard hope that's not the problem