RC Racer

Question Summit LT conversion Tire choices?

Im doing a LT conversion to my summit and have a few questions.

1. can i still run 17mm hex?

2. Will 2.8 size tires work on the shorter slayer arms? without chassis rub? proline F-11 17mm part number #2755-03 https://www.prolineracing.com/wheels...eels-17mm-hex/
    3. Slayer A-Arms any weaker when cut to fit on summit bulkhead? im only doing trail runs not bashing with it.

any other tips or tricks that may help?
    Traxxas 1/10 Summit, TRX4 Tactical
    -Marc Gill

Arms are weaker being trimmed, no doubt. However, seeing Matt's video of his LT being driven hard, I don't think I'd lose sleep for a trail application. I was even looking at aluminum arms. Have a second set of back up arms ready to go and you'll probably never need them. Cheap insurance. When mine is finished, its going to pull about 40 lbs and carry 15 lbs at the same time. I'm going with this insurance policy plan. As for tires, the width versus offset may cause you some grief with clearance, so be sure to measure twice and buy once! I'll be running rc4wd aluminum sc beadlocks with 12mm hexes. Baja Rey or Axial Score TT tires. 4-3/4"od if that helps for plan "B".

RC Racer
    Finding the 12mm hex for slayer is becoming harder. I just I could use slash 4x4 hex's. I guess I could of said the wheel with verus tire choices. Got a link to matt's video?
    Ill do alot of measuring before choosing the wheel tire combo the 2.2 seams a Little small but I guess that's just me. Also looking at 1/8 buggy wheels which I know will fit. And are about the size of yeti score sct style wheels
    -Marc Gill

https://youtu.be/-zi5itLDcbc

For some reason I can't embed on the Traxxas site. This: Traxxas Summit LT in Action -- Can Your Crawler Do This?

RC Racer
    thank you for the link ill be ordering the parts today.
    -Marc Gill

RC Racer
    i guess 2.2 fit easier than 2.8 i now see why. ill be attempting to find a roller and make this LT its own rig so i dont have to change the a-arms all the time.
    -Marc Gill

RC Racer
    parts have arrived ye!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Marc Gill