RC Racer

Looking to paint white hull

So I've seen some pretty kool wraps for sale on eBay for the m41. Some of the wraps advise that they wouldn't look right on a white hull and suggest to paint it black. Is painting a stock white hull even viable? Drips and chips etc. What about dying the hull somehow. Anyway it definitely looks like alot of trouble and money to get the hull and wrap just to find out it won't look right.

Anyone have any experience with these kind of wraps?

RC Qualifier
    Honestly I would just get the hull the M-41 comes right from TRAXXAS already painted

RC Racer
    I paint white hills all the time. Just give it a light sanding with scotch brite pad and use adhesion promoter as a primer. I use Bulldog myself, then spray it any color you want.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug825 View Post
    I paint white hills all the time. Just give it a light sanding with scotch brite pad and use adhesion promoter as a primer. I use Bulldog myself, then spray it any color you want.
    Thanks for the advice, I just might go for it when I'm ready.The wrap is from this brand darkside studios on eBay.

RC poster
    I just painted my m41, i also bought the graphics from eBay, i removed the stickers from the hull ( Traxxas, m41, Dcb, etc etc ) with a heat gun. I used the rustoleum Universal which is a primer and paint in one, i used gloss black. This is flexible and will withstand being in the water, fresh water, salt water no. Now depending on what you are doing with your boat straight paint or a wrap is a big deal here. Traxxas it appears painted the hull of the boat. Not a wrap. There is texture to this. And black paint shows every imperfection. The top and sides of my boat have a major orange peal texture from the original paint. But on the under side of the boat on what was never painted just the white hull. The black laid down like a piece of black glass. So smoooth and shiny. You could look at your self in it. With that being said, painting over the graphics if your putting the eBay wraps from dark side studios should be fine. Although the wrap does not cover the entire boat what you will see on the top between pieces you will not notice the paint. And the bottom looks awesome. Also follow the directions on cure times for the paint. I just ruined my bottom Paine for trying to shoot a touch up and it now looks like cracked glass. I did not let the first spray cure long enough. Like 24 hours i think

If you paint a straight white hull with this paint it will be very nice with tons of shine
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-24-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcox70 View Post
    I just painted my m41, i also bought the graphics from eBay, i removed the stickers from the hull ( Traxxas, m41, Dcb, etc etc ) with a heat gun. I used the rustoleum Universal which is a primer and paint in one, i used gloss black. This is flexible and will withstand being in the water, fresh water, salt water no. Now depending on what you are doing with your boat straight paint or a wrap is a big deal here. Traxxas it appears painted the hull of the boat. Not a wrap. There is texture to this. And black paint shows every imperfection. The top and sides of my boat have a major orange peal texture from the original paint. But on the under side of the boat on what was never painted just the white hull. The black laid down like a piece of black glass. So smoooth and shiny. You could look at your self in it. With that being said, painting over the graphics if your putting the eBay wraps from dark side studios should be fine. Although the wrap does not cover the entire boat what you will see on the top between pieces you will not notice the paint. And the bottom looks awesome. Also follow the directions on cure times for the paint. I just ruined my bottom Paine for trying to shoot a touch up and it now looks like cracked glass. I did not let the first spray cure long enough. Like 24 hours i think

If you paint a straight white hull with this paint it will be very nice with tons of shine
    Would you mind if you show a picture of it.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.