RC Racer

What bearing oil/grease do you guys use?

I have encountered two different bearings that have rusted enough to prevent any rotation at all. I rinse the truck every few runs to keep it clean so this will be an issue I will continue to face. Right now I am starting to pack the bearings with axle grease to prevent rust, it really increases the force needed for rotation, but I know itll keep things from rusting out. Can you guys post what you use, I would like to get an idea of different options.

RC Qualifier
    I did the same thing you did, haven't installed them yet tho. I'm not sure if it's gonna be to much drag or not but I would say be easy on it for a couple packs to break in the grease and and extra will come out also. Should loosen up some. I keep mine clean too with hot water if possible and then usually I dry it really well with an air line and air nozzle. Then I usually just spray my bearings and stuff down with foamy rust penetrant, wd40 or pb blaster, I know a lot of people don't like that beacsue it collects more dirt than dry lube. But I keep it clean enough I haven't ran into any issues thus far. But I'm hoping the grease will help the bearings last longer!
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

RC Racer
    ACER SIN01 & AG01 for all bearings. Then Polaris 2871322 all season to keep water out. I just wipe it on the outside of the bearing. Traxxas green stuff is good too. GAA is good for larger bearings. I've been able to free up some bearings with WD40 & this thing RPM makes but it's not needed. Rubbing alcohol is used to clean the surfaces. Cheapest pack of tooth brushes works great.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    de oppresso liber

I had the same problem (posted about it) and ended up buying ceramic bearings and using PB Blaster on them to prevent it from happening again. I keep my trucks spotless, washing them after every run, and the biggest difference that I've seen is from using compressed air to dry them. I've disassembled several times to see if they were seizing up on everything like the original bearings did, and everything seems like new. Drying with a towel didn't do the job, I'm fairly certain that the air makes the difference after an initial spray of PB.

I also just ordered some 1/5 axle boots. If they fit I'm going to use grease on them just to be safe.

RC Racer
    I like the ceramic bearing idea. I may eventually go that route, but those suckers can get expensive. After every wash i get the lawn blower and dry the vehicle as best I can. It wont be as good as direct air from a compressor but its still better than a towel. I also spray lube on the exposed drivetrain bearings to keep them healthy.

RC Competitor
    Spraying "Corrosion X" inside the bearings will prevent rust and lubricate them. The stuff can even waterproof servos, receivers and basically anything else. Not sure why it isn't used/mentioned more on here.
    He who dies with the most toys, wins.