RC Competitor

First Modification

I installed my first mod today. Probably small potatoes to all you pros in here. But I did away with those stupid body clips and put in the proline body mount kit.
    I think this will be much better than the stock mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will probably never run the body clips again! The body screws are so much nicer!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    If I didn't already have the adjustable mounts on my 2wd Dakar edition I would probably get these for that. However / I will probably put a set of these on my 4x4 when it is time for a new body ( which is soon )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I will probably never run the body clips again! The body screws are so much nicer!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    What's so nice about the body screws? Are they prone to come off. And how hard is it to get just replacement caps. Because you can get 100s of clips for like 3-5 bucks.

supporting my addiction one paycheck at a time

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bluechevy04 View Post
    What's so nice about the body screws? Are they prone to come off. And how hard is it to get just replacement caps. Because you can get 100s of clips for like 3-5 bucks.

The clips are cheap. But difficult to get in. The caps go right on. It's quicker and easier especially if your hands are cold. Not sure how hard they are to get. But I did some serious romping with no issues.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Subwarrior View Post
    The clips are cheap. But difficult to get in. The caps go right on. It's quicker and easier especially if your hands are cold. Not sure how hard they are to get. But I did some serious romping with no issues.

Huummmm. I'm gonna have to look into these and do a little research. Maybe a good idea on my speed run car.

RC Competitor
    Huummmm. I'm gonna have to look into these and do a little research. Maybe a good idea on my speed run car.

I paid $15 for the body mounts.

RC Competitor
    I paid $15 for the body mounts.

Can you get extra caps just in case you lose one and not have to spent 15 bucks for a whole other set.

RC Competitor
    Can you get extra caps just in case you lose one and not have to spent 15 bucks for a whole other set.

My hobby store has a set of four with set screws for $6.99

I installed my first mod today. Probably small potatoes to all you pros in here.
    I think this will be much better than the stock mounts.
    Small mod, major mod, its all pretty much the same, just changing your truck to keep the gin on your face. A lot of times it is the simpler mods like this that are the most satisfying.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Small mod, major mod, its all pretty much the same, just changing your truck to keep the gin on your face. A lot of times it is the simpler mods like this that are the most satisfying.
    True! plus I like Gin...lol!!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    The little ones.... new custom battery strap
    and RC pilots say RC cars can't fly!

Love those caps instead of annoying clips. Especially when were bashing in mud and/or snow

As long as you put them on tight, they stay put. I check mine every so often to make sure they are still tight. Even with the vibration from the On Board Audio they stay put!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by StampedeSwag13 View Post
    The little ones.... new custom battery strap
    Oh boy. Now I'm going to steer this post away. My battery strap is great. But barely fits over my Venom LiPo's. Not to mention the wire is seriously mashed whenever I use the battery hold down. What did you do to customize yours?

RC Competitor
    I also met a guy at the hobby store yesterday that has a mesh bag around the chassis of his Erevo. He and two other guys there were raving about it. I ordered one yesterday. They said it even keeps snow out.
    I also ordered stainless steel screws. Every screw on the slash. I'm not going nuts and replacing them all, but when I have screws out I will put the stainless ones in. Mine are rusty because I don't own an air compressor. The last thing I need is stripped out screws.

RC Enthusiast
    Also helps with 2.8 tire mod; raising body for clearance. I've used those screws in stock mounts, instead of post, for slamming body too. Like with the Bajr body.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by IntegraSlash; 03-26-2017 at 08:04 AM.

I've never seen these going to have to look into them. Tired of the clips flying off when driving. Fyi Stainless screws strip out too. Even rust too over time if not a high quality stainless steel. I get them free from work and still use the mild steel ones.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Has anyone installed these... http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/bo...xas-slash-4x4/ Iam also tired of body clips..looking to change it asap

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I have the proline mounts and after flipping a few times began to loose the screw caps and the threads which are quite short.

I ended up buying a length of threaded rod, cutting into slightly longer sections and supergluing into the mounts. Instead of buying the proline thumb screws i bought a pack of 20 thumb screws of eBay for a 3d printer, i think they were about 3/ $4.

No problems ever since!

I honestly don't have any issues with the body pins.Oh sure I've lost a few over many years- but who doesn't have a slot full of body pins in the parts box.Ive thrown more away than I've ever lost.
    Traxxas Slash Platinum Edition

Enjoying the proline screws..... But where can I get some extras.... I've lost two!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderZ View Post
    I honestly don't have any issues with the body pins.Oh sure I've lost a few over many years- but who doesn't have a slot full of body pins in the parts box.Ive thrown more away than I've ever lost.
    I didn't have issues either. These are just easier. I found while romping in the snow that my fingers would get cold and I'd have trouble removing the clips to swap batteries. These are great. Quick n easy.