RC poster

Angry EMaxx Brushless built like its made out of glass?

Okay so I just got my brand new E Maxx brushless edition in the mail the other day and took it out today for some bashing. It was a cold, windy day, about 38-40 degrees. I ran it at half throttle for about 2-3 minutes and then tested out some of its speed over a grassy/dirt pasture area....a few bumps here and there. Well...within a couple of minutes, my truck became 2wd. I ended up snapping a front a-arm and the right/front driveshaft axle. I swear this thing is built out of glass...I read so many bad reviews and then made the mistake of buying one...$700 down the drain now and I am already repairing it after 5 minutes of use. Don't get me wrong...I enjoy the repair part but at least let me use of for more than 5min without any major breakages. Also...I've got horrible wheel wobble right out of the box??? I own an X Maxx which is a beast and I abuse it, as well as a slash 2wd. I love those two trucks. This one though...I don't get why its not durable like the rest.

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-28-2017 at 08:15 AM.

The emaxx is fragile. I agree. On my first run I broke the rear shock tower. I think on every run it has broke something. Which is why I don't run it as often as my slashs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    To make the e maxx a god truck or better truck it needs som rpm arm bulk and towers then it is good to go or better than stock

RC Racer
    Aluminum shock caps, upgrade axles.

Traxxas Marshal
    One thing to keep in mind is that as the temperatures drop, plastic parts break more easily. Plastic becomes brittle in cold temps.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    This I know...I've broken a lot of parts in cold weather on various other platforms. But As I was saying, I literally drove it for almost 5 minutes and already had a major break. (no jumps). How do you upload pictures in a thread???

RC poster
    I have a complete set of RPM arms/bulkheads/and shock towers coming in the mail soon. I hope to have the emaxx up and running in a few days time. Thanks.

RC poster
    Here are some pics:

RC Qualifier
    with the rpm parts you are good to go, but yes if you drive the e maxx stock there is a risk to break parts, it is not strong enough, for the brushless power. I drove my e maxx stocke brok a arm a bulk or a shock tower each time I drove the truck, but control the throtle it helps alot

RC poster
    I kind of feel like I want to sell it at this point...before dumping hundreds more into it...oh well.

hundreds? maybe one hundred to beef up the suspension. The cold dose make a big difference, bigger than you might think. RPM parts, basically the same price as stock parts, they have a soft compound plastic great for bashing.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

RC Enthusiast
    I run my truck on 4s and the only things I have broken is shock towers and arm pins .. and my rear ring and pinion only b/c of a bad bearing. I run my truck Into the ground every time I drive it.

Actually still running same axles from when I converted it from my Tmaxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The brushless Emaxx is a great truck. Yes, you have to put in about a hundred bucks of upgraded drive train parts in it if you want to run 6s, but other than that you should be good as far as money invested. The BIG thing with getting more reliability out of the Emaxx is not dumping a lot of money into it with RPM/aluminum parts, but is fine tuning the stock parts to work better together.

I wrote a lot of posts on how to do those things, and they're cheap to do...except for a little bit of your time and labor. I have an Xmaxx too, but once you get the Emaxx working right on 6s you can't beat its' crazy power to weight ratio.

I love both my Xmaxx and Emaxx, but both required an investment of upgraded parts, time and finesse to get them working as they should...my Xmaxx way more so than my Emaxx. So, don't get discouraged with you Emaxx. Do a little research, do a little work, spend a few bucks, and you'll have a great little reliable 6s truck. If you can't be bothered, keep it at 4s and you're good to go as is, right out of the box. Good Luck!
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 04-03-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    Better to die a man, than live like a girly-guy.

Its cheaper to build one from scratch, rather then upgrading a brand new one.
    Here is a little compilation video of mine.
    My RC Cycle:
    Build it, Drive it, Brake it.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ausprime View Post
    Its cheaper to build one from scratch, rather then upgrading a brand new one.
    Here is a little compilation video of mine.
    Great video !!! I just built a brushless E-Maxx and ran it for the first time today, just for a test run. I can't wait to get into this truck.
    Last edited by Dubzak; 04-05-2017 at 07:33 PM. Reason: add pics