RC Racer

2017 New Castle Creations motors and ESC's.

So I saw new motors that CC has come up with that have sensors. Plus looks like the Sidewinder SCT combo 3800kv can use a 2s and 3s lipo now. If I remember right, it wasn't able to use a 3s before? But it also says, 2s - 3s LiPo; 6 - 9 cell NiMH (2s only for Short Course Trucks). So I'm confused. Can you use 3s or not? Should you?

http://www.castlecreations.com/en/2w...bo-010-0123-00

I have a Sidewinder 3 ESC with a 4600kv motor. They have a new 4600kv motor, suppose to be improved design to withstand heat better and also run longer than the older one I have. Also new 3800 and 5700 version as well.

http://www.castlecreations.com/en/2w...or-060-0056-00

Anyone got the new items and tried out yet?

Or I guess stop farting around and add another 100 bucks and go big for a Mamba X. And these are bigger so that they can use a 3s for sure.

http://www.castlecreations.com/en/2w...ck-010-0161-01

RC Qualifier
    It's True that you cannot use a 3S with the 3800kv..BUT
    You can use 3S with a lower KV Motor with the 3800kv swt esc,such as the 3000kv or 2600kv.

RC Qualifier
    Just bought the new ESC/3800 combo but haven't installed it yet (and weather isn't cooperating anyway!). It'll be interesting to see as I'm replacing the SCT/3800 combo. Good review on Squid.
    "Splash" ProLine Slash
    Rustler VXL

RC poster
    Hello,

How about gearing with Sidewinder SCT combo 3800kv. If i use the gears from the gearing chart max 19 pin+ 90 spur, there is a lot of torgue but not that much high speed. Can I use the speed gears 23 pin + 86 spur (heat damage possibility I guess)?
    Is there some other gearing options to find some more high speed?

RC Qualifier
    I've run a 21/86 on my Pro-2 with heat readings in the 150s on 2S. I normally run a 19/86.
    "Splash" ProLine Slash
    Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    ik some one who ran 6s on that motor and went 103. your fine aslong you are under 170 , and 220 is where the motor will melt apart.

RC Qualifier
    I use 31/86 and let it run.Just watch for bearing oil.If going fast,then you're going to need some motor bearings in case the one in the motor gets too hot and burns off oil.

RC poster
    Thanks! I tried last night 23/86 and there was speed! Only problem was braking, it was hard to handle, it slipped around the road. I guess I have to adjust suspension to get car easier to handle?

There were also no heat problems, last night temperature were -2 C here in Finland. In summer is hot ( I hope), so there might be need for a motor fan, if it fits (with combo came castle motor fan, plastic not aluminium).

I have never heard about bearing oil, so I will study about that

RC Qualifier
    By either using the Castle link or card, you can adjust many parameters including braking. I have the card and like it because it is easy to use in the field and also can be used to interface with the USB on a computer.
    "Splash" ProLine Slash
    Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    Hey guys, I'm building a slash 2wd and I'm running a MMP 4600kv right now at 23/86. I'm wondering if maybe my motor may be tired ( bought motor used). I'm not getting wheelies. I have the suspension set kind of soft but was told my a buddy that it should have all kinds of power for wheelies. Can anyone suggest a good motor for speed and bashing? I've seen a lot of people using 3800 or 2400kv motors but will the 2400kv still give me good speed? I'm building a street truck so I'd like to get some fast speed out of it but also want a motor I can bash with and be able to stay cool. I plan on running 2-3s. 4s would be sick lol.

RC Qualifier
    Go higher in pinion....I got 31/86 with the 3800kv and ride wheelies at demand..even roll on too.

Tighten the shocks
    Tighten the slipper
    I prefer After Back Market Wheels Such as ThreadMaster
    I prefer the Stock Clutch pads.I had Carbon Fiber.Just takes a while to warm up.

The 2400kv Will Run Cooler Given the same Pinion.Also can run 3S.Unless You shell out Cash for an esc to handle 2-4S then the 2400kv will be a greaT choice.

RC Racer
    Ha good grief, that model is discontinued already. They have a waterproof model now.

http://www.castlecreations.com/en/si...ck-010-0123-02

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcjunky2002 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm building a slash 2wd and I'm running a MMP 4600kv right now at 23/86. I'm wondering if maybe my motor may be tired ( bought motor used). I'm not getting wheelies. I have the suspension set kind of soft but was told my a buddy that it should have all kinds of power for wheelies. Can anyone suggest a good motor for speed and bashing? I've seen a lot of people using 3800 or 2400kv motors but will the 2400kv still give me good speed? I'm building a street truck so I'd like to get some fast speed out of it but also want a motor I can bash with and be able to stay cool. I plan on running 2-3s. 4s would be sick lol.
    Bit of a thread jack but no worries. I love my old Castle MMP/2400kv system. For waht you want, I think you will love it too.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jvogel View Post
    Bit of a thread jack but no worries. I love my old Castle MMP/2400kv system. For waht you want, I think you will love it too.
    Thanks I didn't mean to jack the thread. I just thought it was a good place to ask since there seemed to be some pretty knowledgeable folks in here. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcjunky2002 View Post
    ...some pretty knowledgeable folks...
    Yeah, and then, there's me! Good info from the old timers.
    Obstacle Magnet