RC poster

5098 Slayer (not pro) NEED HELP

I got my old slayer out again and it really needs all four sealed ball suspension replaced and the push rods. When I was running my slayer I broke the pushrods and suspension several times and was able to repair it (for the most part). The last time I broke one of the suspension/push rod assemblies the local hobby shop said there are no slayer parts, that they are just the same as the slash ones. So I bough the parts and went on my way to reassemble the car. It drove out of alignment (*) and I used it for another couple months.

(*) straight goes to the left and you have to correct the steering with the controller I was not very happy with this and back it went into hibernation.

Here it is 2017 and I really want to get back into it. I'm looking for slayer parts and I find them except they are for the "Slayer Pro"... I contact traxxas via email and asked if I could use the wider wheelbase suspension, etc. on my older slayer. The response was to look at the exploded view of the parts list. I look through it and find what I need however the pro now uses the same model numbers for the parts! And I do not want to use slash/revo parts on my slayer again since they are mm of difference and screw up alignment.

Has anyone switched all four arms with the Pro to the old non pro slayer? Is it possible? What should I do?

If the part numbers are the same the parts are the same so you should be able to use the Slayer pro parts.
    if you fall, I'll catch you! - Your Floor

RC poster
    I just converted my pro to a normal slayer. I can help with anything you need. To switch to pro arms you will need the arms of course and the steering tie rods for from and rear. That's it. If you need source for slayer parts lemme know I'll help!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by L0G4N View Post
    I got my old slayer out again and it really needs all four sealed ball suspension replaced and the push rods. When I was running my slayer I broke the pushrods and suspension several times and was able to repair it (for the most part). The last time I broke one of the suspension/push rod assemblies the local hobby shop said there are no slayer parts, that they are just the same as the slash ones. So I bough the parts and went on my way to reassemble the car. It drove out of alignment (*) and I used it for another couple months.

(*) straight goes to the left and you have to correct the steering with the controller I was not very happy with this and back it went into hibernation.

Here it is 2017 and I really want to get back into it. I'm looking for slayer parts and I find them except they are for the "Slayer Pro"... I contact traxxas via email and asked if I could use the wider wheelbase suspension, etc. on my older slayer. The response was to look at the exploded view of the parts list. I look through it and find what I need however the pro now uses the same model numbers for the parts! And I do not want to use slash/revo parts on my slayer again since they are mm of difference and screw up alignment.

Has anyone switched all four arms with the Pro to the old non pro slayer? Is it possible? What should I do?
    The newer Pro 4x4 a arms have an X added to the part# to distinguish the difference between the two. You will need the 4 toe rods and two steering rods from the Pro 4x4 parts list.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    There's only the 2 toe rod in rears, 2 steering rods in front

RC Qualifier
    I thought they were interchangeable