RC Racer

Exclamation Bigfoot #1 thread/section with a collection of upgrades available or done...

Hi all:

REF. 36034-1*> Just got my new Bigfoot #1 and I love it!! Out of the box it's a running beast that just won't quit....well unless the batteries say otherwise ....anyway, mine has taken many tumbles in yards and on the road and hit trees and is yet to show any type of damage what-so ever!!!! Not as much as a scratch and I don't understand that. Only thing I've had to do is turn or straighten my roll bar lights a tad to make them straight forward instead of pointing at the roof of the cab .
    Anyway, I doubt I am the only one with the latest Bigfoot that started it all,but, I would like to see a thread on all compatible parts and interchangeable parts such as wheels and bodies that can be used on the Bigfoot # 1. This could save some of us a whole lot of work and maybe 'bad buys' only to find out what we bought won't fit. I have found 'sites' and when I click on Bigfoot parts specifically, I still find that not all parts work on Bigfoot #1. What wheels will work on Bigfoot #1? What total max of Mah batteries will work on Bigfoot #1 (Ni cad 7 cell and Lipo 2s)? I found a good list of what each RC vehicle uses for compatibility but I know there's more available and I don't know how old this PDF file download is but it looks good. I don't understand the use of 2.2/3.0 wheels but I know why it was used,but, why not just 3.0 period in that case? I am guessing that it is an odd tire size to find so why do this to us RC enthusiasts making it harder to mod their vehicle? Interchangeability is the best way to enjoy and build our vehicles. I hope to not have to rebuild my drive-train system to achieve the ability to use modern and simple size wheels. That could cost more than the $230 price tag to by the vehicle and I wouldn't mind buying a few more just so I have variations. I don't mind using 12mm to 17mm or 14mm wheel adapters if there are larger wheels that would work like on the Clod.
    Maybe some of you have modified and lifted your Bigfoot #1. I found maybe one or two you-tube videos so far but not very detailed on the what and how. Even my so-called 'parts book' I got with my vehicle isn't totally specific to the Bigfoot #1 vehicle! IF anyone of you have sought out the modification parts and carried out the task of successfully modifying the wheel size, motor size, battery size, body exchanges, tranny gearing (for speed or power) etc., etc. I would hope you would start a thread targeted at Bigfoot #1 mods and parts exchanges. Maybe even a dedicated section for Bigfoot #1 under ' https://traxxas.com/forums/forumdisp...axxas-Electric . See the size chart below for an endless list of RC vehicles!!!! Charts like this are a very important tool.

Thanks, Scott

RC Racer
    And if all wheels and tires are 2.2/3.0 and 12 mm hex mount, what is with FRONT or REAR wheels? Aren't all four wheels and tires the same size even though this is rear wheel two wheel drive? I also hear that the plain 2.2 wheels work and even the 1.9 but I wouldn't have a reason to even touch 1.9 wheels. Yep, I believe we need a dedicated thread for Bigfoot #1!

with the stock a-arms the front in 1 inch narrower. 1/2 inch each side. you can add wide a-arms to the front and make them all the same. if you gear down and take it easy you can run slightly bigger wheels. I'd guess 5.25 diameter would be the safe limit. Clod tires are 5.8, you could run them, but you'd be taking a risk. 2.2 crawler tires might be more what you're looking for.

I''m tempted to put these on a stampede. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFWZC&P=7 they'd be big and monster looking.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

RC Racer
    A Bigfoot #1 is nothing special... simply a Stampede with a different body.

Yeah any part you need would be for a 2wd ep stampede. There are basically three versions out now, stampede xl5, monster "jam" (skully, cranium, bigfoot, bigfoot one) and the stampede vxl. Mild differences between all three but they are all parts compatible.

2 cell lipo will give you the best run tome, but do your research on those. There is alot of beginner guides for them already.
    Last edited by IanRose; 03-30-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    ------

Phone froze, double post.
    ------

RC Racer
    Yes, I believe a wider stance would make this truck more stable when turning at high speeds. An inch larger tires. It seems to be 'roll happy',but of course you never see such a thing in the videos to advertise it. I think it should have been powered down a bit, made 4 X 4 with at least an inch wider stance and then maybe an inch taller ground clearance.. I refuse to put the high speed gear in this one as it's a rocket as it is. My neighbor is a Ford guy, so he's buying one now after he saw mine..... But anyway, I can do all but the 4 X 4 install. I will wait and see,but, I predict the next Bigfoot will be an awesome 4 X 4 model!!! I can only wish. I will be seeking a 1/10 scale 4 X 4 soon and it will have the traditional truck body style, maybe a Chevy. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

RC Racer
    I agree with you on several points. Roll happy... I would agree to a point, but I would also say that simply adjusting your driving style can eliminate roll-overs. I am putting together a "wide" Stampede right now to combat this problem, in conjunction with my driving style. So that's two solutions for that. You can do the 4x4 mod... simply buy a 4x4 Stampede and put the #1 body on it! Done! That might actually take care of your roll-over issue too. Not to sound like a complete jerk, but from the sounds of it, the Bigfoot #1 is not the truck for you. You need an 1/8 scale 4x4 MT to be happy with it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kewkenuf View Post
    I agree with you on several points. Roll happy... I would agree to a point, but I would also say that simply adjusting your driving style can eliminate roll-overs. I am putting together a "wide" Stampede right now to combat this problem, in conjunction with my driving style. So that's two solutions for that. You can do the 4x4 mod... simply buy a 4x4 Stampede and put the #1 body on it! Done! That might actually take care of your roll-over issue too. Not to sound like a complete jerk, but from the sounds of it, the Bigfoot #1 is not the truck for you. You need an 1/8 scale 4x4 MT to be happy with it.
    'IanRose'>THANK-YOU FOR THAT GREAT ADVICE! I see there are still some who offer intelligent advice instead of rambling drivel. I will do my research on how to widen the stance but if you get a chance, if you could post a link to the spacer system you speak of. I think I found a lift kit and I think it only lifts the body up about an inch or so (by use of the shock mounts) for larger wider tires like the ones they suggest using from the Clodbuster and therefore I am not defeating the purpose of widening the stance and I believe the combination would make this Bigfoot more stable. I wish more folks were as helpful as you! I cannot even consider to take advice from folks that are 'kook- enough' when they can't even handle their own truck.... AND!!!! >>This Bigfoot #1 does NOT even represent the original Bigfoot in anyway what-so-ever! Was there an agreement in the 'exclusive rights to Bigfoot RC reproduction contract' that they claim the ORIGINAL Bigfoot was a 1979 Ford Ranger originally built in 1985 and call it #1 and a 2WD truck and according to history Mrs. Chandler's Ford Ranger XLT built in 1985 was NOT considered a Bigfoot as it was built in between the making of Bigfoot #4 in 1984 and Bigfoot #5 in 1986???? Is it a 1984 1/2 or 1985 1/2?? Ms. Bigfoot was built in 1985 for Mr. Chandlers wife and made very little appearances! OUR RC Bigfoot Ford Ranger is an impostor and IS NOT the true 1974 F-250 Bigfoot #1 that started it all!!!!! Why not do it right the first time!!! 1974 F-250!!!!!!!! I doubt that the original Bigfoot #1's owner's wife's Bigfoot Ford Ranger XLT was even a two wheel drive, but a 4 X 4!! I like honest people who wish to contribute noteworthy advice such as you 'IanRose'!! See the link for a truthful history on Bigfoot. I look forward to a 1:8 scale Original Bigfoot #1 1974 F-250 edition at least in 4 X 4 if not in 4 X 4 X 4 w/ (2)3674 2075kv Motors or two 50cc gas engines for about $1,500 and I will be waiting in line!! Also for those who don't know, 4 X 4's are geared lower for more power and to roll one, you would have to jump one and come down wrong. BTW, I do have a photo of the Ford Ranger nose to nose with their front tires on a double stack of cars with the Original Bigfoot #1 and he's a monster compared to that Ford Ranger!!!!! IMHO>The Ford Ranger Bigfoot should have been #5 if anything but it got no recognition in the line-up because it didn't really count as a true Bigfoot and was built for Mr. Chandlers wife so she wouldn't feel left out, I spose
    BTW, the ORIGINAL Bigfoot 1974 #1 was displayed out in front of a popular bar in Kalamazoo, Michigan called Knob Hill ( the bar was built on a hill and had my wedding reception there in 1982) for many years out front on top of the hill,as it was just up the road from where we lived a few miles away and just south of GM on Sprinkle Road where my dad worked. You could see the truck from the General Motors plant and we suspected as to why it was sitting just across the street in plain view of the GM plant From the road, the front parking area was about 20 feet up to the parking area and the truck was parked on the grass next to the parking lot. I guess it was semi retired by then....around 1982/83/84 while the new trucks were born....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigfoo...gfoot_vehicles

The Wiz!
    Last edited by WizardMaster; 04-04-2017 at 11:45 AM.

RC Racer
    And I quote "Brilliant blue metallic paint gleams on the heavy-duty officially licensed F-100 Ford XLT Ranger body. With a truck as legendary as BIGFOOT, Traxxas went all-in to create a replica body worthy of the BIGFOOT name. BIGFOOT wouldn’t be the same without thousands of stadium lights gleaming off its miles of chrome. From the molded chrome bumpers to the KC lights on top of the chrome roll bar, BIGFOOT commands attention. The highly detailed molded chrome grill stands ready to feed the massive big block engine with its impressive high rise dual-carb manifold. The brilliant blue metallic paint of the officially licensed F-100 Ford XLT Ranger body and authentic BIGFOOT No. 1 decals recapture the excitement of “The Original Monster Truck.” This is the BIGFOOT from Traxxas. One look and you know it means business!"

***?? THAT'S not the truck that started it all?? The FORD RANGER didn't even come about till 1983! That Ms. Bigfoot truck came around in 1985 and was not on the list as a TRUE BIGFOOT. What's going on here??!! Yes, I know, I bought it anyway Anyway, looking forward to a 1974 F-250 4 X 4 X 4 Bigfoot #1 OK, heading to the beach for fun in the sand :P
    Last edited by WizardMaster; 04-04-2017 at 11:36 AM.

RC Racer
    edit: nvm
    Last edited by kwkenuf; 04-04-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IanRose View Post
    I''m tempted to put these on a stampede. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFWZC&P=7 they'd be big and monster looking.
    those are AWSOME as soon as i find some wheels i like im putting those on my pede!
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger

RC Qualifier
    Ranger was package, not the mini truck!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown94 View Post
    Ranger was package, not the mini truck!
    Yes, ok. I see....

RC Racer
    As I've said before, my Bigfoot is claimed to be a Ranger but I swear it looks like a 75 F-250.... Maybe an F-150. My neighbor who owns older ford trucks too says it does not even resemble a Ranger body and the 1:10 scale would not match as the body should be about 1/8 smaller. All I know is the truck body looks correct for a full size Ford truck but the advertising is all wrong as being a Ranger and #1. The Ranger isn't ranked at all.

BTW. I found wheel/axle extensions on ebay and wonder if anyone else has used them before!!!

RC Racer
    Whadya think about this for the Bigfoot #1?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381706717974...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

RC Racer
    Here are the axle extensions I mentioned earlier to widen the stance to what looks to be about an inch. Will these work on the Bigfoot #1? Has anyone tried this method before?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/381838656907...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So many paragraphs and multiple posts ranting about something that is a misconception on your part. Add to that your flaming of members who have different opinion and/or understanding, and you will very quickly wear out your welcome here with both the general members and with the moderating team.
    Your enthusiasm is understandable, but perhaps it is leading you into behavior that should not be occurring. Please take a breath, try to understand and appreciate not only what is being posted, but also that everyone is not going to agree, and also that you should not endeavor to be the world's foremost authority on all things Bigfoot.
    As posted earlier, the sixth-generation F-series was available in the following Trims:
    Custom
    Ranger
    Ranger XLT
    Lariat (1978-1979)
    An optional "Explorer" trim package was available with the "Ranger" trim level.

(courtesy of wikipedia)

You can think about the above, but this thread is now closed.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =