RC poster

Upgrade issues for 2065 servos

All,
    I bought Savox 2061MG servos to replace the Traxxas 2065 servos. I thought it would fit whithout any modification at all. Disappointed. The visible gear on top of the servo housing has a different diameter from the 2065's :-( Therefore I can not connect the servo to the stock parts linking the servo to the small metal rod.

Anyone who could advise how to solve it ?

Thanks !

RC Champion
    Just jump on ebay and order the correct tooth servo horn. They are a few $ each i ordered a handful last time they were so cheap

RC Competitor
    the servo should have came with plastic horns?

Traxxas Employee
    The problem is that other servo horns are not spring-loaded. Without that flex, your 2061 will buzz constantly. I was never able to get one to stop buzzing no matter how much I adjusted it. You can get it not to buzz one way, but the minute you flip the switch, it will buzz the other way. Is it enough to kill the servo? I wasn't willing to risk it.

RC Champion
    The servo horns are not spring loaded. The stock are made out of cheap plastic and flex. The spring is in the servo saver that all the steering connects to. I run alum and have had no issue adjusting

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    The servo horns are not spring loaded. The stock are made out of cheap plastic and flex. The spring is in the servo saver that all the steering connects to. I run alum and have had no issue adjusting
    I think this thread is referring to the smaller servos for the tranny and locking diffs, not the larger steering servos. The little guys have a spring right on the horn.

Here is a pic of a broken one I had to replace a bit ago.