RC Enthusiast

Spur and pinion gear noobie needs help

So today I drove my 4x4 slash for the 4th time. I have a brand new venom 7.4v 5000mah lipo battery for it so it goes very fast. My allen loosened on my pinion gear and slide off so it wasn't catching. So, I watched a youtube video and tore into it and got it back lined up after taking the whole rear end off which i didn't need to do. I drove it again with the battery not fully charged but enough. It was very slow compared to normal. I firgured it was the battery but I ended up getting 15-20 min out of my battery. So whats wrong now then?

RC Racer
    Check your gear mesh. If its too tight it wont go. Theres a number of posts on here. Also traxxas has a video on there youtube channel that explains how to set the gear mesh properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I think my mesh is good, I've watched the video and there is just a little amount of play, I'm thinking it might be my battery, I'm using a very very cheap china charger that came with a $45 china rc car to charger my venom 7.4v 5000 mah. it is a lipo 2 cell charger but I have yet to have it fully charge my venom.

Quote Originally Posted by hussman10 View Post
    I think my mesh is good, I've watched the video and there is just a little amount of play, I'm thinking it might be my battery, I'm using a very very cheap china charger that came with a $45 china rc car to charger my venom 7.4v 5000 mah. it is a lipo 2 cell charger but I have yet to have it fully charge my venom.
    What amperage is the charger designed to charge?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    I'm not sure how to post a picture of the charger.

RC Enthusiast
    I went out to test the car to see if it was slow again, and now it is lightning fast like it used to be! Self healer!