Hello, I'm a relatively new Stampede owner (It's actually my 8 year old sons) but with 2 older brothers + myself, we're in the market to buy more. We've just started racing a friend and his son that has a Slash and Rustler and the 3 really go at it on a track we built in the woods behind my house.

I'm selling my onroad cars that I bought for my kids and converting to this offroad bunch of buggies and trucks. We're about to buy the Slash 2wd and Rustler 2wd as all my kids enjoyed driving our friends RC Trucks and liked the variety. I'm going to hold off and maybe get the Rally when the new one comes out if it's in the 2wd. When is it due out in the USA?

I'm actually looking forward to the comparison on track of the Stampede, Slash, Rustler and Rally. With those 4 makes, we have a diverse field all of which have their advantages and disadvantages relative to the other trucks. I plan on making 3 tracks in the woods behind my house which will give one or the other slight advantages depending on the terrain. But right now, the track we are using is a loose-dirt short course with a nice jump and a hill to climb. The loose dirt makes traction tricky and at a premium, and is in pretty close quarters so not too much power can be laid down by the Stampede. Our stampede handles the jump better than the slash but is a bit top heavy so cornering is slower. Our Stampede seems to have the horsepower on the Slash but same as the Rustler.

We plan on making tracks with a bit bigger jumps and longer straights to allow the faster trucks to stretch their legs.

Just from what I've observed:

The Slash is the most stable and easy for the kids to drive consistent. It handles our jumps fine and is lower center of gravity to corner a bit quicker.

The Rustler is probably potentially the best racer of the bunch, able to handle even tougher jumps, with more horses under the hood than the Slash, it feels like the one with the highest performance potential.

Our Stampede is the bashing champion, with plenty of power, my boys have enjoyed the bashing... but in the race, I don't find too much of an disadvantage vs my kids and 1 other adult in racing against the Slash and Rustler although I know that I'm having to be way more careful cornering. It handles challenging terrain the best with roots and off track incidents. In short, it has enough going for it to keep it competitive.

The Rally according to all that I can read and watch on Youtube.com should be a more extreme version of the Slash, lower center of gravity, a bit less ground clearance giving it more trouble on roots and challenging terrain on our track. If we can keep it in the groove, I suspect it'll be the fastest but the one with the highest potential disaster (not handling jumps and terrain quite as well as the others). Performance is all relative since all 4 of these can handle terrain, jumps, dirt, mud, hills etc so well.... it becomes: how does the truck handle it relative to it's competitor.

In the end, the best RC driver usually wins regardless of car but as each kid gets more comfortable with the track, I'll begin having a tougher time winning.

Does anyone know when that Rally is to be released?

And would you say that I've got my analysis right?