Thread: Traxxas TSM

RC Enthusiast

Traxxas TSM

Can the TSM system be used with the XL-5 and the 12t motor?

Yes it can. You need the TQi transmitter and tsm receiver though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    is the TSM worth it on a 2wd tho?

RC Competitor
    I wouldn't put TSM on a 2wd, unless you really can't control the power, its not worth it...
    2wd Slash with upgrades.

RC Enthusiast
    What does it actually do? Power control and adjust steering?

I want TSM for my Slash for when I have VXL so that I can have it adjust steering once I start to drift. I can control her just fine but once I have equipped VXL I need the TSM to help with the learning curve on how I need to control.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    When I ain't at school I'm racing my Slash

RC Qualifier
    the TSM only adjusts the steering. does nothing to the throttle. many people love it, but i did not. it seemed to make adjustments when i did not need it. especially on banked straights and corners. or it would try to keep straight when i was trying to enter a corner. it also put serious stress on my servo from constantly making tiny adjustments. the servo would get very hot when i had TSM turned up, but stay totally cool with it off.
    i would say the 2wd needs it more than the 4x4 though. but you will learn faster by not having it. just my noob-cents...

RC Racer
    Yeah, you watch their demo vid of when you take off at full throttle, you can see the TSM adjusting the wheels to keep it going straight vs the truck without it, it goes everywhere and is kind of hard to keep it going straight when you're spinning all over the place.

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    This is just an old man ranting: TSM will inhibit your ability to improve as a driver so why use it?!
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Competitor
    Dad posting on my sons account*
    My son Ayden just turned 8 and the TSM is the compromise for me. he wants 4wd but I want him to actually learn how to drive with 2wd. but I don't want it to be so frustrating that he cant have any fun as he learns so I will be using the TSM and tapering him down off of it as he gets slowly better. He has an SST 1/18 4wd that he has gotten really good with on our backyard 1:18 scale track but he wants to race at the club track that is 1.5 hours away and if he is going to do that I want him learning 2wd. I think without some assistance from the tsm he would get frustrated spinning out all the time and not stay with it. (the track he will race at allows 2wd, 4wd, buggies, sct, avc and tsm in Kids class not really any restrictions) that class is not really competative the kids that are competative dont even race in it they run in the adult classes.
    We havent purchased yet so Id love any feedback the current plan is to get the #58076-21 and #6511 so I can tune it for him from my phone while he learns. Just full disclosure I am also new to the RC game as well so I am talking to our local hobby shop owner whom also owns the track. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4i...nfCLTCJe3YDc_Q

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    I like what AydenTheNewKid (well, his dad) said. Just like the Traxxas Training Mode, these technologies do have practical applications.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Competitor
    I personally love it on my 2wd vxl. On road (asphalt/concrete) it doesn't do a ton but I love it for loose gravel, dirt, mud, and wet conditions.

RC Racer
    I have tsm on my 2wd slash and i love it, it keeps the car under control while on slippery surfaces
    Slash Vxl
    Vintage Rustler

RC poster
    I want to put TSM on my bandit for ice, snow, and sand. Will it prevent my car from being completely uncontrollable?

RC Enthusiast
    I love TSM also. Great for a 2wd. It's just more fun. I can also learn from it by watching the front tires steer. Let's me know what I should be doing to keep the truck going straight.

RC Racer
    Good to see this thread and the different opinions and experiences with the TSM. I just bought my Slash vxl w/tsm and glad I did!
    Slash 58076-4HWN
    Stampede VXL
    Rustler B.

RC Qualifier
    Only recently have I started using TSM and I don't know why I waited so long, it's amazing to watch when you floor coming towards you and how fast it corrects. Love it.