RC Racer

Question Eds vs Hudy vs MIP tools or better ones for 2017

I recently purchased a set of Eds speed bits (1.5, 2, 2.5, 3mm). Everyone was bent! Not what I was expected from precision tools. I have contacted them about this issue and sent them videos today. I'm done with speed bits do to this.
    What have you tried? Anyone else have issues with bent precision tools?

I liked MIP for the lifetime warranty. But look at the warranty, it's $15 to fix it.
    I liked Hudy and Eds for the replaceable bits. Not sure what Hudy and Eds warranty are.
    That all have speed bits (for 1/4" screwdrivers)

I decided on Eds speed bits to save on my wrists. Now I'm just going to switch to hand tools.

If you're switching to hand tools it's hard to beat MIP. I have no experience with their speed bits but they have been on my radar.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

I've had many brands. The longest lasting hand wrenches were a set of Losi's TiNi coated I bought 15+ years ago. Still use them to this day. I've replaced one shaft due to snapping it when I was using it as a prybar... The 2mm one I think.

For speed bits, I've had Ofna, Hudy and MIP. MIP's win hands down. Can't recall when I got mine as my wife got them for me for Christmas, but it's been at least 6-7 years. The Hudy hand tools and speed bits both wore very fast. The OFNA's were bent when I got them and they also wore down fast. The hex wears, then you gently grind it shorter a bit to avoid messing up the temper. The MIP's also fit the screws much tighter and there isn't really any noticeable wear on them after the time I've had them.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Racer
    MIP seems to be a "general" consensus. I hope others weigh in with there opinions.
    That is good to know. Not only for me but also for the new RCers also.
    Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have had great luck with MIP, Dynamite, Dave's Discount motors, and (surprisingly) Integy

RC Enthusiast
    I agree with olds97, Losi hex bits last forever. I also use Xcelite 99 series bits.

RC Racer
    Has anyone had an issue with the set screw stripping in the Eds handles?

Many people come here looking for advice on upgrades for there car. They don't think of tools as an upgrade but I think it should be the first thing you upgrade for your car.

RC Competitor
    I purchased my Slash used and the seller threw in some cheap tools. These were replaced within a week of ownership with a set from Dynamite. This has made working on the Slash much eaiser and more pleasurable. I purchased the long handled 4 piece set. Part number Machined Hex Driver Set (4 pc), Metric*(DYNT2030).

I have mip speed bits and they are so hard that I have used the 2.5 as a drill bit from time to time. They are awesome!
    smooth is fast

When I got working on RC's, I bought this super cheap $13 set on Amazon. They have actually worked out good. Except I broke the 1.5mm's tip off (my fault). I have since upgraded to Factory Team's hex set. Was a bad decision. Still using them now for a couple months and they are wearing down pretty bad. In fact, my 2.0mm tip on my cheap set is sharper then they are. Going to get MIP's soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4 and Slash VXL owner

My first set of hex tools were Dynamite and I still use them today without issue, there the only ones I have in metric and sae.
    I've since purchased a set of metric ( 1.5mm, 2mm 2.5mm) mips and ball end Bondhus. I really like the Bondhus when a ball hex is needed except I wish the 2mm had a larger handle like the 2.5mm.
    The Mips are without a doubt a great tool but I cant say one bad thing about my Dynamite tools as they have been faithful for years now.
    I've never used Integy tools but have heard from many people as well as jimbo74 that they have a much better reputation then many of their other parts.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

I just got my MIP 1.5mm speed bit a few weeks ago. I am asking myself why I didn't do it earlier. My other tools are also MIP's.

It saves me time and my wrist pain has decreased since I got the speed bit.
    Slash 4x4 Tekin RX8GenII w/Pro4 4300hd

MIP's all the way, best drivers hands down.
    "Gone racing"

Quote Originally Posted by MrEddieBear View Post
    Has anyone had an issue with the set screw stripping in the Eds handles?

Many people come here looking for advice on upgrades for there car. They don't think of tools as an upgrade but I think it should be the first thing you upgrade for your car.
    Can't say for EDS, but that is one issue I had with the losi hard anno'd handles. Then again, it probably would have been fine if I hadn't taken the bit out over and over to put in a drill. That was before I found hex bits made for a drill/edriver. I ended up drilling/retapping new holes for new set screws.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Champion
    I have both the MIP hand drivers and speed drivers. The best I've ever used! Period!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk