Thread: Long Island, NY

Long Island, NY

Anyone on Long Island? Looking for cool places to bash my 4x4 pede and Rustler.

Anyone? Replaced my pede with an XMaxx and now I really need to find some cool places...
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NYbandit33 View Post
    Anyone? Replaced my pede with an XMaxx and now I really need to find some cool places...
    I am from LI, have you found any good places for the X-Maxx?

eh not really. I just started looking for places again actually. All those donuts in the snow this winter wasn't good for my grass. I can find plenty of baseball fields and flat wooded areas but those get boring quick. Id love to find a dirt or grassy area with a lot natural ramps. There used to be a bmx track in the woods by my parents house in Commack I've been meaning to see if its still there. I found a huge sump in the Hauppauge industrial park that looks to be used for dirt bikes but its not well suited for the x-maxx. Where on LI are you from?
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC poster
    Long island here too. Would love to find more jumps also.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

at Heckscher there is a parking lot used by RC airplane people. I think there are some areas close to that lot that may look good for bashing. I believe its free to get in until 5/27 then they charge entry per car. If they allow RC airplanes I don't think theyd have an issue with cars but who knows
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC poster
    I have the same issues. Lots of flat areas to run. I’m in Farmingdale.

its tough on Long Island being in such a heavily populated area. Most areas are either private or commercial property. I don't like going to parks because there are always people around and you never know how they will react. The last thing I need is to get scolded by someone for driving this around others. I want to bring it to the beach but that's the same situation. I have a few designated parking lots I drive my Rustler in the Hauppauge industrial park but I doubt any of the business (on the outskirts next to the woods) want me on their property with this. Again, last thing I needs is a bored security guard with nothing better to do to give me a hard time. An abandoned golf course with be a cool spot but good luck finding one. Construction sites with unfinished work on a Sunday is a good find. Go on google and search for "long island off road bmx spots"
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    There was a track out in Manorville awhile back idk if it’s sti open. Google rc tracks

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr17 View Post
    There was a track out in Manorville awhile back idk if it’s sti open. Google rc tracks
    I believe that was closed a while ago. There's a track on Wellwood ave in Lindenhurst but I'm not really looking for a track. I'm mostly looking for an outdoor area with a lot natural ramps. Tore up a school playground last Sunday but still pretty flat.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

Anyone new bashing on long island?
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

Anyone new on long island?
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL